Next Doors Cat

Guest Rabbit

Guest Ferret1959

We used to have a cat that would dig it's own hole, poo in it and then cover it up......How strange is that eh??;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A survey suggests, when it comes to pets, dogs are by far the most expensive purchase, at an average of £282 each while cats cost £92.

Funny, I always thought cats were free, at least my last two were.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

We used to have a cat that would dig it's own hole, poo in it and then cover it up......How strange is that eh??;)

That's normal for a subordinate cat. Usually only dominant animals (or subordinates putting up for boss) leave it on display, and even then they mainly do it on the edge of their territory. Going into another cat's territory and leaving a big dump on prominent display is an Act of War in cat politics!

Funny, I always thought cats were free, at least my last two were.

Same here, although the running costs are surprisingly high. 7 quid/cat/month in veterinary insurance, another 50 quid a head in annual veterinary costs (check up / jabs / worming / flea control) God knows how much in wet food (dry food works out a lot cheaper, even buying the best quality stuff, but one of ours can't have it and that means none of them can be given it). I never really liked or wanted cats, but now that we have them I've got very attached to them, however much they cost. Still want a woofer, though.

Guest Ferret1959
That's normal for a subordinate cat. Usually only dominant animals (or subordinates putting up for boss) leave it on display, and even then they mainly do it on the edge of their territory. Going into another cat's territory and leaving a big dump on prominent display is an Act of War in cat politics!

But mine used a pick n shovel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But on a serious note about cat crap.

How can I stop 'stray' cats using my garden as a toilet?

I use the word 'stray' as I never see thier owners.

Why can't they be walked like dogs and the owners pick up the sh1t after them?

If my dog went to the toilet in some cat owners garden they would go barmy.

Just not right.

Cat owners should take resposibilty for their animals.

I have put some plastic spikes along the top of my fence which seems to deter them a bit. But also whenever I see a cat in the garden the dog gets set loose. This seems to work pretty well. What the cats do not know is that the dog was brought up with a cat and she only wants to play with them. I have also found that a quick soaking with a hosepipe or bucket of water sends out the right message. The garden is also a good place to practice your aim with a ground bait catapult and if poor moggy just happens to be in the way then tough.

A Hammond

Why can't they be walked like dogs and the owners pick up the sh1t after them?

Ferret

If you went down to my local country park you would find that is clearly not the case, despite signs, bins and pick up bags, the place is still covered in crote de chien. I know good dog owners always pick their animals mess up after them, but the problem is they are clearly in the minority.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest Ferret1959
I have put some plastic spikes along the top of my fence which seems to deter them a bit. But also whenever I see a cat in the garden the dog gets set loose. This seems to work pretty well. What the cats do not know is that the dog was brought up with a cat and she only wants to play with them. I have also found that a quick soaking with a hosepipe or bucket of water sends out the right message. The garden is also a good place to practice your aim with a ground bait catapult and if poor moggy just happens to be in the way then tough.

Trouble is the fat cats who shite in my garden are kipping all day in someones front room and booted out at night to crap at my house. :angry:

They trigger the outside light sometimes but by the time I get to the window all I see is the arse end in the distance.. :rolleyes:

Trouble is the fat cats who shite in my garden are kipping all day in someones front room and booted out at night to crap at my house. :angry:

They trigger the outside light sometimes but by the time I get to the window all I see is the arse end in the distance.. :rolleyes:

i suggest you buy a humane feral cat trap, catch said cats then write something obscene (like c**t) on their fur with permanent hair die and release again, done often enough the owners may get the message.

Edited by snakey1

Guest Ferret1959

Would a Gin trap have the same effect???

Oh and before the pissee pussy huggers start I was kidding. :lol:

Edited by Ferret1959