Perch in a trout fishery

Sportsman

Hi to all you Perch fishermen.

A local trout fishery has just opened a new lake for coarse fishing. They have a large trout lake stocked with rainbows which also contains a large head of perch and they are having a Perch day in a couple of weeks, with the intention that any Perch caught will be transferred over to the coarse lake. Any technique or bait will be allowed for the day so suggestions please. I imagine float fished worm or maggot is likely to be favourite but I fancy a very light spinning outfit with some small jelly worms. Livebait is not an option !

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Sportsman

PM me your address and iI will send you some of the Ultralight spinner baits Newt was on about a few posts back. They would be ideal for Perch and er umm Rainbow Trout.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hi to all you Perch fishermen.

A local trout fishery has just opened a new lake for coarse fishing. They have a large trout lake stocked with rainbows which also contains a large head of perch and they are having a Perch day in a couple of weeks, with the intention that any Perch caught will be transferred over to the coarse lake. Any technique or bait will be allowed for the day so suggestions please. I imagine float fished worm or maggot is likely to be favourite but I fancy a very light spinning outfit with some small jelly worms. Livebait is not an option !

There's a clue in this image

grafhampercha.jpg

Colin

Thanks for the replies.

I just don't see how we are going to avoid catching hundreds of Rainbows :D

I have always wondered what a 4lb rainbow would feel like on a match rod :D

I think we will get our string pulled one way or the other

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Thanks for the replies.

I just don't see how we are going to avoid catching hundreds of Rainbows :D

I have always wondered what a 4lb rainbow would feel like on a match rod :D

I think we will get our string pulled one way or the other

I used to work on a trout farm. The boss there had some large perch in the "catch your dinner pond" which he wanted me to catch whilst avoinding the trout (as these were all money to him). Well I can tell you those trout ate everything livebaits, deadbaits, worms anything and everything! There is a reason flyfishermen use flies if they used anything actually edible the fishing would be way way to easy just ask anyone who fishes for grayling in the winter on trout waters!

Rich

whilst fly fishing lockwood beck on the north york moors last year i had a perch of around 2lb on a very small buzzer , funnily enough the fly i used was very similar to the one in the perches mouth on that pic , fished very deep and very slow, like the idea of the small spinner baits ( which i dont possess any of ) but im sure the trout would go mad for them too..