North East rod licence blitz nets few offenders

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Cheers elton, however, as I have still not received my licence it does stick in my throat a little when they can be critical of those who left their licences at home (yes it is a technical breach) when I still haven't received my licence paid for .

I will be shopping at the post office from now on, which is not convenient nor does it best assist the EA financially as they will have to pay a fee, I believe, to the post office, but they do give you ypur licence there and then.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

The team patrolled rivers and streams across the North East over the four-day Easter break and checked 1,346 licences.

A total of 59 offenders were caught during the blitz which included 39 who admitted to having no rod licence, and 20 who claimed they had left their licence at home.

That doesn't tally with the usual comments on here about how few folk bother to get a license. Is it a regional thing and that area is simply more law abiding or is the 'conventional wisdom' posted here simply in error?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The team patrolled rivers and streams across the North East over the four-day Easter break and checked 1,346 licences.

A total of 59 offenders were caught during the blitz which included 39 who admitted to having no rod licence, and 20 who claimed they had left their licence at home.

That doesn't tally with the usual comments on here about how few folk bother to get a license. Is it a regional thing and that area is simply more law abiding or is the 'conventional wisdom' posted here simply in error?

I think you'll find that the silent majority buy licences. Personally, I don't know anyone who doesn't.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

the reports about these checks which Elton posts usually refer to checks in the North East. Coarse fishing is definatly second cousin to sea fishing up here so there's less chance of ad hoc fishing trips.

there are certain waters in the north east where you virtually guarantee a check on a bank holiday, i've only been checked on those particular waters myself.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

They obviously did not visit the popular spots on the Wear, if they had they would have come accros just as many 'barbel fishing'

Would have saved a fortune on fuel costs alone.

Tight Lines,

Wearyone