error iexplore.exe

steve good

i had simular thing happen to my Pc & ie7 which slowed to a crawl it peed me off so i decided it was high time i got vistacated so i backed up 2x80g hd's to dvd's then whiped the main hd and installed a clean copy of vista ultimate using the ultimate upgrade disk {cheaper than buying the full version dvd :yahoo: } and an old trick to get it to install on a empty disk :whistling: errr ....sorry mr gates :sneaky2:

You mean "Sorry Mr Gates SIR??" Surely :whistling:

And you have a DUFF url as your sig?? Or at least Mr Gates thinks so :sneaky2:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

he's a tricky fellow that mr gates ,nearly nobbled my url' fixed it now though.

there seems to have been quite a rash of these problems latley ,if i was the suspicious sort i might be inclined to think that Mr gates & co horts was behind it all.in a dasterdley plot to get people to upgrade to Vista ! conspiracy.gif

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Hi Steve

Empty your temp folders, and try it it again.

Other than that, a few suggestions here: http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=1996

Cheers

Ian.

Hi Ian

Thank you for that link I have learnt a alot from it.

My error iexplore.exe is a hungapp something to do with iframe.

In run, I typed in sfc /scannow and windows verifies that windows files are intact and in there origanal versions mine are not, they have been changed I am missing some dll files for cache..

I cannot do system restore and reset web settings also does not work

In search I found file/folder ie.inf which I think is the setup for explorer I right clicked it and clicked on install and I thought my troubles were over but half way through it asked for the disk.

I bought my computer from PC World and windows was preloaded I have no disk, big mistake I will not in furture buy a new computer if they dont give me a disk, preloaded windows is just not good enough when a problem arises later.

My explorer/internet was by this time unuseable luckerly I did manage to undo my last system restore and things are working ok,

So I am now preparing to do a distruckive restore

Thanks for everybodies help and I posted this so as it may help someone else.

learning all the time

steve

don't do anything drastic,you should be able to download IE7 set up file from microsoft download pages and just install it over what you have ,it should replace any missing files !.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

don't do anything drastic,you should be able to download IE7 set up file from microsoft download pages and just install it over what you have ,it should replace any missing files !.

Hi chavender

Thanks for that I will try that as I am still on IE6

many thanks

steve

Just bin IE and download Mozilla Firefox. Its 1000% better than the MS pap and is customisable, has built in pop up blocker and best of all you haven't got thousands of wanabee hackers trying to destroy it!

Visit http://www.vstol.vstore.ca UK based suppliers of artificial lures for sea, game and coarse fishing!

Maybe switch to Firefox but at this point there are still things that will not play nice with it (or in some cases, will not work at all) so probably best to keep IE on the PC regardless of what browser you routinely use.

With XP & Vista, it is almost impossible to remove IE without destroying your OS so most folks can't bin IE even if they try.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Guys

Thank you all very much for your advice and assistance.

I am not very well up on computers and I am looking for the easy way out.

The computer is working alright regardless of some problems since I undone my last system restore.

Would it be easier for me to fork out for the XP Windows disk that should have come with my computer.

Many thanks

Steve