Domain and email stuff

Ian FG

My son has started a business and he has registered a domain name. I assume he now has to buy hosting for a website. Who would you recommend for hosting? How does the email work with domains/websites? How do you set it up? What would the email address be? A very new area for me. Any help gratefully received.

Hi Ian

What does he intend to use the website for - it makes a big difference to who to use for hosting.

Most hosting companies now make it fairly easy to manage all the functions now.

For a very simple to use and very well supported host I have got to say that I have found servage.net very good indeed. I've had an account with them for just over 2 years, and I still like them.

As to email addresses, he should be able to use anyname@hisdomain

You've got a PM :)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

nick does hosting, I believe. :)

He always goes that extra yard to help AN members, too.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I don't know about the great guy bit. I've heard that he pulls the wings off flies, turns a blind eye when old ladies are trying to cross the road and drives through puddles on purpose to splash school kids.

But he is good at that techy stuff :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

close Elton, but I pull the arms off old ladies, and drive into flies as they cross the road :):D

And I fill the puddles myself that I use to splash the kids ;)

But not too shabby when it comes to the techy stuff :)

And most of the stuff for AN members is free 'cos there's so little involved, and at least one chappie on here has had lots done for a case of cheap wine :)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Or THREE!!!! Name names Nick!!!! :P :P :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))