car valeting

Happy Dude

hi,

anyone know the best stuff for getting the dry green mossy/algae stuff of cars that have been parked under trees.

i've just bought a new (to me) landcruiser and the person i bought it off kept it parked under trees and bushes in the car park at his work most the time and there is a lot of dried green muck in the nooks and crannies on it.

does anyone know the best cleaning agent for this job, or do i have to get in with T-cut on a cotton bud??

thanks in advance

Les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

A pressure washer should sort it.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Ozkleen Bath Power will shift it and it's bio degradeable.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Ozkleen Bath Power will shift it and it's bio degradeable.

thanks for the quick replies....

i don't think the car had a proper clean in the couple of years the dude had it, the stuff is welded onto the rubber on the side windows and in all the wee hard to get to places.

where can i get that ozcleen stuff peter??

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Try pressure washer fluid rubbed in well with paint brush. Worked on our camper van a treat, then I washed it normaly with wash and wax. When it was polished it looked as good as new.

Worked for us.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

i found and brought a caravan (abby viceroy)and it was just green all over because it was open to the elements for years but mostly parked in a barn(big open one)(next to a damp river)

a bucket of hot soapy water and a good sponge(even a green scratchy sponge)

the scratchy bit works on window rubber but not good on paint:)(i didnt try it )

after a good bath it was white a shiny and the first time i power`d it up to chesters landy i was amazed all the electrics worked and even the braking systems:)

hot water/washing liquid/patience:)

then take it for a wax at the car wash:)

sg

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Agree with Billy here...I only clean my white (?) van once a year for MOT :)

Gets covered with green stuff, some actually sprouts in the gutters.

"scratchy" green thing does the job with a bit of dish washer powder and warm water....looks so good I decide to keep it another year :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

perhaps you could Ask :idea:BARRY SCOTT

:whistling:

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

perhaps you could Ask :idea:BARRY SCOTT

:whistling:

ok, i'll try that muck, you never know....

Edited by Happy Dude

WalkingPinhead.gif