VHF Channels

paintfly

:clap2::clap2: you're in love mate, admit it! :rolleyes:

we'll all be off Toping and you'll be off eloping :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

p.s. has your girlfriend got the licence--no not the marriage licence! :headhurt:

better to use your mobile in this instance mate :schmoll:

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Even with the licences etc there are no legal channels, technically you cannot use the radio on land, you have to be on the water. I think!!

yeah, thought I'd read that somewhere too. My mob has crap coverage in the SW <_<

richi: mebbes not toping lad, more like tuppin tha kno's ;):wub:

Edited by paintfly

If its worth buying a VHF then its worth getting the training. :headhurt:

It is an offence to use the VHF and transmit from land, You must be on water. This is not limited to Coastguards and Harbour Masters etc but "Jo Public" like us cannot use them on land.

:thumbs:

If its worth buying a VHF then its worth getting the training. :headhurt:

It is an offence to use the VHF and transmit from land, You must be on water. This is not limited to Coastguards and Harbour Masters etc but "Jo Public" like us cannot use them on land.

:thumbs:

Yeah, I do intend doing the course, just haven't been able to fit it in yet. Hopefully, in the summer when I have a lot more time off. :thumbs:

What if I get her (outdoors) to wade out to the surf zone :D

Personally and I do mean personally I do not believe in idle chatter on the VHF while out kayaking, and I hate mobile phones to me kayaking and fishing is getting out from all these distractions and leaving them behind. When I was course fishing I had a mate with a mobile phone and he would spend half the day on the mobile phone I asked him why he replied “it’s good to keep in touch” :headhurt:

but there again "do whatever floats your boat" :clap2:

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

I agree with you but i'll always carry the phone as a back up and for safety. A mate recently used his whilst wildfowling to call for help when stranded on the mud.

We don't tolerate their usage on our shoot...an offender will soon have his phone tossed in the air for the other guns to shoot.

yeah, thought I'd read that somewhere too. My mob has crap coverage in the SW <_<

richi: mebbes not toping lad, more like tuppin tha kno's ;):wub:

I hold the certs for marine vhf as part of my job. It is NOT an offence to transmit from land! the shore Coastguard do it all the time. I transmit to our rangeboat from land (the range I work on is not floating!) It would be perfectly acceptable to contact your misses on a handheld to tell her you are coming back ashore, indeed the coastguard would encourage such a good £float plan" and the fact that someone ashore is looking out for you while you are out at sea. Listen to any fishing fleet channel and it is a constant chit-chat of what they are going to do when they return to port! and although I would not encourage this, it is certainly not against the law.

Channel 16, 0, a few other coastguard channels are reserved and action will be taken against anyone clogging these channels. Operating procedure and training for the short range cert stipulates that common sense is used for transmissions and idle chit chat is not recommended. Before posting what is or is not "against the law" please check first!

SDD~~~~ :sun: