Why Do You Fish ?

Myster

There's something very calming about being next to water and enjoying the peace and quiet (hopefully!) of your surroundings.

Combine this with the underlying adrenalin-fuelled stimulant of not knowing exactly what will attach itself to the end of your carefully prepared trap or, indeed, exactly when this will happen.

And there's the sense of achievement when, once in a while, it all comes together and you find yourself admiring the wild animal you've just caught before returning him again to his mysterious watery home.

All in all, I think that in today's hectic world, it's a brilliant way to unwind.

Our chief weapon is surprise

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres an old saying that i no

"give a man a fish you feed him for a day

teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime"

tight lines

mike finlay

mike finlay the carpinator

I fish because I enjoy it.

Fishing is popular because we have a multi-million year history as a species of being hunter/gatherers and to a large extent, the desire is instinctive in many of us.

That stuff about hunter gatherers etc is always my excuse as well to her indoors.

In reality though I juts lik ebeing outside chilling etc as my job is pretty stressful in the week

Because it epitomises my two favourite emotions / feelings: Relaxation and Excitement.

Plus for the friendship and company of the people I fish with, be it a good friend or my kids.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear