general scottish sea angling

stan4massey

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale, Now, correct me if I am wrong, but there has been one Skate landed fom LA West Pier, dont know when it was, but it took over 3hours, and when it was landed, it was DEAD....Stress killed it....

what we were trying last year was not a "Jolly" it was a serious go at hooking and landing a Common, Measure ,Tag and release,....It was NOT for a record attempt, but to show it could be done.....as they do with the Shark in Namibia..... :) Which, I know nothing about....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Guest conger tamer

Norrie:

Colin and CT, We werent any where near the pier, nor a pier of any thoughts, ....the only way to our mark, which was changed during the trip , was by boat.......and the said boat was ...?????   So, you fancy it next time ??? Only a few special chaps allowed, and we are told you are "Special"......    :D      :D  

WOT ARE YOU ON ABOUT norrie????

Norrie,

unfortunately your source is letting you down.

to my knowledge there has been 11 skate landed, 2 lost within feet of the surface and many lost during the battle.

2 fish caught in the same session did end up dead as the persons dealing with them botched the handling and they were disgracefully dumped on the LHS side of the pier.

Dale, when you hooker your skate.... Did you get much of a bite? And did you feel a whole lot of movement of the fish? Prosuming you where using mono. Im trying to gather as much info as possible to try and get it right. Maybe braid is the answer.... but thinking about it, there lies lots of hazzards with braid fishing there...

Tight Lines

Shaun

Right, one at a time....CT...What I am saying is ....we were NOWHERE NEAR THE PIER...mibbes 6 miles away from it, god it was crystal clear to me mate....therefore ...boat to get there. obviously, you dont know the area very well. ....or at all,,,, :D

Shaun,and Dale, I will reserve judgement on you two...I think you are both ganging up on me.... :D:D To be honest, I think you are both telling me lies..... :D But, canny wait to go fishing soon....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/