Couch's bream record demolished

Toerag

Norm - you have a PM :clap2:

:clap2: Thanks mate, spoken to the angler and got all the details and got permission to use the photo from the copyright owner. Should be on the front page of the June issue, all being well he's the Shakespeare reel winner too. The fish is in the freezer and will be eaten once the record claim is ratified, a nice meal to look forward to. Makes a change for nobody on here to be moaning about killing a fish to claim a record. Perhaps some on here are mellowing too. :clap2:

Edited by Norm B

Quote ,,Makes a change for nobody on here to be moaning about killing a fish to claim a record. Perhaps some on here are mellowing too. :thumbs:

At least its for the table ,,,its the stuff that u cant or dont want to eat that will get a lot of our backs up ,,,you know what ime on about ,,, :crazy:

Edited by groyne bandit

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

That's a handsome fish in all senses of the word.

Well done - savour the fish and the accolades.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Quote ,,Makes a change for nobody on here to be moaning about killing a fish to claim a record. Perhaps some on here are mellowing too. :thumbs:

At least its for the table ,,,its the stuff that u cant or dont want to eat that will get a lot of our backs up ,,,you know what ime on about ,,, :crazy:

:clap2: I do know what you are on about but a dead fish is a dead fish, for what ever reason. I don't object to anglers killing fish if it's sizeable, we are allowed to kill fish, at the moment! I know people that eat tope and smoothhounds, some don't but there's nothing wrong with killing a couple if you want to, if it's in an area where it's legal to land them, but it's down to the individual and it's not for us to dictate what can and cannot be eaten, or killed for a record, each to his own I say. Just because I don't do it doesn't mean I'm against it. :clap2:

Looks about the same size as the Gilt Head I caught in GIB in 198? I have a picture too Norm, any chance of a prize? :P OK, OK!! Sorry I asked :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Looks about the same size as the Gilt Head I caught in GIB in 198? I have a picture too Norm, any chance of a prize? :P OK, OK!! Sorry I asked :D

:clap2: 198?, we weren't up an running then, but I'm sure you'd of won a prize if we were. :clap2:

I love giving away our sponsors prizes to good fish. It's the "iffy" ones I don't like giving prizes to. :clap2: