Carp

buc69

Has any1 got any good tips on keeping bread on the hook longer?The small fish seem to nibble it down so much it falls off b4 the carp can get to it.Thanks.

Has any1 got any good tips on keeping bread on the hook longer?The small fish seem to nibble it down so much it falls off b4 the carp can get to it.Thanks.

You could try Fake bread.

My wife uses it a lot and it seems to work for her.

Guest Rabbit

Sounds like you should be getting the carp feeding and competing before you cast. Otherwise you will always get this problem.

Do you try and trigger a feeding response by catapulting dog biscuits etc?

• 2 weeks later...

Just make a loop when you've finished wrapping the line around the bread and put the loop on last, if it falls off or comes undone put it on the other way round, you'll soon grasp it.

pic below,

halfhitchqbq9.jpg you need the bit on the right

Edited by ayjay

You could try Fake bread.

My wife uses it a lot and it seems to work for her.

Must be something to do with female pheromones then - I've just chucked away the packet I bought a couple of years ago as I've never had a fish do more than investigate it... :(

Just make a loop when you've finished wrapping the line around the bread and put the loop on last, if it falls off or comes undone put it on the other way round, you'll soon grasp it.

pic here, you need the bit on the right

The pic doesn't come up on my computer for some reason, but I roughly get the idea. Is the line that you wrap round the bread a separate piece, or is it the trace?

We have a lake here where the carp were great for floater fishing, but then they got really big and wised up to the rigs, and got scared of dog-biscuits. Your approach certainly seems a big bait, so I would assume it gets big carp? I'd be interested to know if it works well for the wise oldies!

john clarke

The pic doesn't come up on my computer for some reason, but I roughly get the idea. Is the line that you wrap round the bread a separate piece, or is it the trace?

We have a lake here where the carp were great for floater fishing, but then they got really big and wised up to the rigs, and got scared of dog-biscuits. Your approach certainly seems a big bait, so I would assume it gets big carp? I'd be interested to know if it works well for the wise oldies!

Edited now to show the pic John.

It's a very simple rig, tie a hook on the end and away you go, no traces or anything else.

No reason why it won't catch big carp other than the usual reasons that big carp can be harder to catch than small carp on floaters.

It has two main advantages over normal floater fishing, (1) it defeats the hordes of Rudd in some carp lakes and (2) you don't have watch like a hawk to hit the bites.