New prowler 13 pics and some questions

drumgerry

Hi all

Just received my new Prowler 13 from Upandunder with thanks to Ben for the great service - 2 days from Wales to the North of Scotland isn't too bad!

Now that it's here I thought I'd show you a few pictures and ask a few questions about it. The owner's manual is spartan with info to say the least!

Not sure about the colour but I'm sure it'll look fine once afloat. Apologies for the added poultry!

yak1.jpg

And from the other side with more feathered friends.

yak2.jpg

It's just a bare shell at the moment and I had just taken the wrapping off in the rain when I took the pictures.

I took the next picture because I was expecting some place where I can put the transducer for a fishfinder. The kayak is a New Zealand model and I thought they had a transducer friendly location but maybe I have an old version. Anyone who can tell me where to look for it? :unsure:

yak3.jpg

Next picture is just a better quality image of the angler's eye view on the Prowler.

yak4.jpg

The next few images show different locations on the kayak where there are threaded brass inserts. The inserts look like small dark circles up on the sides of the kayak in the first two pictures and in the third there are two of them on the outside of the kayak beside the Prowler decal. I know the brass inserts at the stern of the kayak are for a rudder system but I didn't take a picture of them.

yak5.jpg

yak6.jpg

yak7.jpg

Last image is of a wee plastic thingie on the prow of the kayak which seems to unscrew - not a clue what it's for.

yak8.jpg

A proper manual would really have helped but in the absence of that any help from anyone would be most appreciated!

All the best (with apologies for any dodgy photography)

Gerry

SNAP :clap2: Gerry, picked mine up monday only mine is mango and yellow.

Firstly the transducer friendly point is seen underneath the forward cup holder, you will see the shape is modified to match the transducer. Look here http://anglersafloat.co.uk/index.html the little black plate is actually covering the hole and hiding the transducer.

The brass fittings are for attaching accessories such as the anchor trolley other bits can be fitted but I am not sure what although I believe the four holes on the flat piece just bow side of the cup holder look to be a fit for a Scotty rod holder.

I am assured the threads are M5 should you think of what to use them for.

The threaded bung in the bows is so you can turn the yak upside down and drain any water out.

I don't think you will be disappointed with it, I have only had mine on the water for a few hours but it goes how it looks....lean and mean.

Oh by the way make sure you have waterproof bottoms on or use scupper bungs...it is a wettish ride but hey you cannot have everything even Kylie Minogue has to take a dump sometimes ... :wacko:

Kayak Angler

Prowler 13

http://coarsekayakfishing.proboards.com/index.cgi

ckf-1.png

looks like the pre FF ready version to me :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Think you have the older version it the same as the one I have, Still no regrets.

The threaded bung at the front is for emptying water from inside ur yak.

The screw holes in the cockpit area are I think meant for those adjustable foot rests.

You will have to do the inside transducer silicon thingy, but that's worth doing by itself great fun kitting it out :thumbs:

Do get rear scupper bungs :headhurt:

The flat area above the forward cup holder fits the Scotty mount like a dream, I added the triple mount.

All the best,

You'll only look forward!

Greywulff

Edited by Greywulff

Greywulff

I Don't care who you are... You're not walking on water while I'm Fishing!

Prowler 13 Angler

Yeah I have seen the picture on Anglers Afloat now of the FF ready prowler - different from mine but never mind. I guess I'll just need to get the drill out now! Need to find a use for those threaded inserts as well! Maybe attach a 100hp outboard!

Cheers

Gerry

yeah looks like the pre FFR version as i suspect there should be a channel through the hull in the forward cupholder to mount the fish finder transducer through the same as there is on the elites, on the new FFR version.

I think the screw holes in the foot well area are designed to be used with the steering controls if you have a rudder fitted although i'm sure i've seen pictures of kayaks where people have used them for mounting rod rests as well. As stated in earlier posts the threaded bung is so you can drain out any water that gets in hull.

Personnally i've never bothered with scupper bungs just had a good padded seat and worn a dry suit.

The colours fine one of my mates has a prowler and another a scrambler in the same colours and they stand out ok at sea although perhaps not quite as well as orange or yellow does.

You should have great fun with her anyway so good luck and tight lines :thumbs: .

Edited by snakey1

Welcome to the club! I love my P13,its a great yak, it cuts through the waves like butter, it's incredibly stable (despite first impressions!). No regrets there, my wife and 3 teenagers all like it too, they paddle it with ease, and no-one has fell out of it yet. Buy the scupper stoppers for a much drier ride, in fact its possible to stay completely dry on a lake, and sometimes on the sea depending how choppy it is.

Check the sizes for yourself, cos what it says on the packet is wrong, Mine takes 2 red and 2 green, and they make all the difference.

Enjoy!!

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Flame

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro Flame

Hi all

Just received my new Prowler 13 from Upandunder with thanks to Ben for the great service - 2 days from Wales to the North of Scotland isn't too bad!

Now that it's here I thought I'd show you a few pictures and ask a few questions about it. The owner's manual is spartan with info to say the least!

Not sure about the colour but I'm sure it'll look fine once afloat. Apologies for the added poultry!

yak1.jpg

And from the other side with more feathered friends.

yak2.jpg

It's just a bare shell at the moment and I had just taken the wrapping off in the rain when I took the pictures.

I took the next picture because I was expecting some place where I can put the transducer for a fishfinder. The kayak is a New Zealand model and I thought they had a transducer friendly location but maybe I have an old version. Anyone who can tell me where to look for it? :unsure:

yak3.jpg

Next picture is just a better quality image of the angler's eye view on the Prowler.

yak4.jpg

The next few images show different locations on the kayak where there are threaded brass inserts. The inserts look like small dark circles up on the sides of the kayak in the first two pictures and in the third there are two of them on the outside of the kayak beside the Prowler decal. I know the brass inserts at the stern of the kayak are for a rudder system but I didn't take a picture of them.

yak5.jpg

yak6.jpg

yak7.jpg

Last image is of a wee plastic thingie on the prow of the kayak which seems to unscrew - not a clue what it's for.

yak8.jpg

A proper manual would really have helped but in the absence of that any help from anyone would be most appreciated!

All the best (with apologies for any dodgy photography)

Gerry

Hi, just to let you know I live down the street from up and under and they have in stock the new prowlers which have much more spec than the one they sent you which has been in the store since last year. The new prowler has more storage space and it already has the port holes for a fish finder. They would have appeared to got rid of the NZ camo boat at last, well done james (lucky 1 there dan) send it back.......

unfortunately, AKOMEISTER is right it has been in the shop since last year. And they had the new prowlers sitting next to this one. If you you are happy with it then fair enough, but its worth remembering that by modifying your kayak with the fittings that the new one already has you could void the warranty.