fisheye

gmd 33

I know it's a work of fiction but...

If you heat a live round the round will explode, but the bullet will not travel far (if at all) nor with any force. The brass case, being far thinner and lighter than the bullet, will instead just rupture. Still if Spielberg can make bullets magically travel underwater in Saving Private Ryan then hey, you're probably good to go.

Lovely camera work.

Geoff

Geoff

can i just ask, now i actually know what happened to the poacher, is there a purpose to this film?

I think its called entertainment. You know just a bit of fun,not some profound ecological statement or study of ballistics! Jeeze some of you need to lighten up a bit! :rolleyes:

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

i appreciate that budgie, i only asked because it seems like one of those films that would have a moral purpose, or something to that effect

Moral of the story,

"Don't cook pike over an open fire, if there's a live bullet in it!" :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I thought it was good in parts (namely the wildlife footage). At first I thought it was a angling film, maybe showing how good pike fishing was (almost american style with the slow motion pike fight), and at this point I was getting fairly irritated by the drag on the reel, why would the drag scream as he was reeling the fish in unless the fish was running (which it wasnt). The I realised it wasnt an advert for someone or fishing in general and a film, and the irritation subsided! on the whole, fairly good though.

I know it's a work of fiction but...

If you heat a live round the round will explode, but the bullet will not travel far (if at all) nor with any force. The brass case, being far thinner and lighter than the bullet, will instead just rupture. Still if Spielberg can make bullets magically travel underwater in Saving Private Ryan then hey, you're probably good to go.

Lovely camera work.

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Thanks for taking time to reply

Cheers

Gary

I think its called entertainment. You know just a bit of fun,not some profound ecological statement or study of ballistics! Jeeze some of you need to lighten up a bit! :rolleyes:

Well said BUDGIE,

"What's money" "success is a man that gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do"

Bob Dylan

Cheers

Gary

I thought it was good in parts (namely the wildlife footage). At first I thought it was a angling film, maybe showing how good pike fishing was (almost american style with the slow motion pike fight), and at this point I was getting fairly irritated by the drag on the reel, why would the drag scream as he was reeling the fish in unless the fish was running (which it wasnt). The I realised it wasnt an advert for someone or fishing in general and a film, and the irritation subsided! on the whole, fairly good though.

Thanks for your feedback

Gary