"mud trails" caused by trawling revealed

Hi Ian,

I can't make head nor tail of what the story actually is with this one. If those Chinese trawlers, fishing shallow in a very muddy estuary, are kicking up sediment trails visible from the sky then hows that news? :blink:

I don't know anything about trawling methods out there, but am curious as to why, if its the trawls themselves that are the big issue, the disturbance starts right at the boat?!! Does that indicate that four cargo ships in line would produce the same trails? or do these trawlers have the gear working right alongside or underneath the boat somehow?

Nice of Mr Clover to, as usual from what i've seen, not bother doing any actual journalism and ask questions himself. :rolleyes:

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Hi Ian,

I can't make head nor tail of what the story actually is with this one. If those Chinese trawlers, fishing shallow in a very muddy estuary, are kicking up sediment trails visible from the sky then hows that news? :blink:

I don't know anything about trawling methods out there, but am curious as to why, if its the trawls themselves that are the big issue, the disturbance starts right at the boat?!! Does that indicate that four cargo ships in line would produce the same trails? or do these trawlers have the gear working right alongside or underneath the boat somehow?

Nice of Mr Clover to, as usual from what i've seen, not bother doing any actual journalism and ask questions himself. :rolleyes:

Chris

Certainly looks like the wake of the boats, still there are a lot of them, don't want them joining the eu.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

trawler.jpg

I have blown up the insert pic and as you can see the disturbance adjacent to the boat is caused by the gear hanging from the beams, the mud trail clearly starts well behind the trawler. There is little or no disturbance immediately off the stern of the trawler.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

trawler.jpg

I have blown up the insert pic and as you can see the disturbance adjacent to the boat is caused by the gear hanging from the beams, the mud trail clearly starts well behind the trawler. There is little or no disturbance immediately off the stern of the trawler.

I bow to your cleverness Ken, well done. So the reporter might well be correct. Still don't want them over here though.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I bow to your cleverness Ken, well done. So the reporter might well be correct. Still don't want them over here though.

That's a fact, to many here already.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

trawler.jpg

Thanks Ken :)

Your blowups show it clear enough and its clearly the trawl gear throwing up the trail.

I'm still at a loss to see what this story is for, other than politicval spin, though. Chinese trawlers fishing a muddy estuary, in a silt loaden sea, throw up mud into the water column. Seems obvious, but its taken beyond that into a general attack on all trawling.

The scientists that came up with this one are the same that came up with the "all fish gone in 50 yrs" headlines a wee while ago. Those claims have been shown to be a load of crap (but are still quoted by all our news media) .

I can guess the next headline as they extrapolate the mud thrown up by a Chinese trawler in the mouth of the "Yellow " river to the rest of the world. ;)

Lets guess how it goes.. Take the sediment put into the water by a trawler at the most extreme end of the scale. Multiply by all the trawlers you can find on the planet; follow up with serious face and a lecture. .. Bingo! science and reality is replaced with spin :D

Headline news about how trawlers are smothering all the seabed life on this planet.

Being a fisher, im always curious about what i see ;)

I'll wager a pint on my version of events thought ;) I'll even travel down from Scotland and buy you it in person if we don't see this same group of "scientists" produce some amazing extrapolation of these photos :)

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Guest challenge
Thanks Ken :)

Your blowups show it clear enough and its clearly the trawl gear throwing up the trail.

I'm still at a loss to see what this story is for, other than politicval spin, though. Chinese trawlers fishing a muddy estuary, in a silt loaden sea, throw up mud into the water column. Seems obvious, but its taken beyond that into a general attack on all trawling.

The scientists that came up with this one are the same that came up with the "all fish gone in 50 yrs" headlines a wee while ago. Those claims have been shown to be a load of crap (but are still quoted by all our news media) .

I can guess the next headline as they extrapolate the mud thrown up by a Chinese trawler in the mouth of the "Yellow " river to the rest of the world. ;)

Lets guess how it goes.. Take the sediment put into the water by a trawler at the most extreme end of the scale. Multiply by all the trawlers you can find on the planet; follow up with serious face and a lecture. .. Bingo! science and reality is replaced with spin :D

Headline news about how trawlers are smothering all the seabed life on this planet.

Being a fisher, im always curious about what i see ;)

I'll wager a pint on my version of events thought ;) I'll even travel down from Scotland and buy you it in person if we don't see this same group of "scientists" produce some amazing extrapolation of these photos :)

Chris

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I wonder what sort of disturbance a hurricane would have on such a shallow area, more or less than those trawlers?

Jaffa is spot on and Charles Bloody Clover is a menace.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I think the pictures are supposed to visibly demonstrate, that shrimp trawling damages the sea bed and produces immense amounts of bycatch, often juvenile fish and crustaceans.

The trawls work from the seabed upwards, not suspended in midwater.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "