New world Record ?

Polly

......... a 40kg fish has been landed in France, is this true?

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

But NOT a lot on about her yet??? The ONLY story to break is the one above?? Strange?!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

"But NOT a lot on about her yet??? The ONLY story to break is the one above?? Strange?!

--------------------

Chris Goddard"

Afraid it's true Chris, it was also in The Sun yesterday and it's been reported on here as well as several other fishing related websites.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Yes just seen this!!

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75140

BUT nothing on the wire in France at all as far as I can see!!! Possibly cos' it is ANOTHER brit??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hey Polly

Thats the one you been hunting at the Woolpack all these years!!!!!!

I tried in vain I'm afraid !!!!!

Moved on now, fishing Heron Lake @ Wyboston but biggies are still evading m'baits.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

With all this talk about a world record catch of one fish, how about the world record for most combined weight possibly broken in the States last week at the 2007 American Carp Society Northeast Regional tournament?

As a whole, over 13 tons of carp 10+ lbs carp were caught by all teams during the 50 hour tournament. That does not include all those under 10 lbs. and the catfish and bass that were also caught. Plus, there were only 35 teams.

The results were truly incredible. The winning team, a pair from France, took home $5,000 USD after bringing in 225 carp at a combined weight of over 3,000 lbs!!! I helped as a weigh marshal at the event and one tem told me they placed 2nd at a tournament in Oklahoma with only 3 carp for a combined weight of 52 lbs - they told me this as I was weighing 5 fish for them at over 60 lbs. combined. Quite a contrast!

Every single angler was amazed at what they experienced at the ACS NE Regional. Most were beat afterward, having worn themselves out from the constant action. Some are touting Baldwinsville, NY as the mecca for carp angling.

I encourage all to come out and compete in next year's tournament which is to be held May 14-17, 2008, again in Baldwinsville, NY. Check out www.americancarpsociety.com for more info.

Cheers!

-Jason

I tried in vain I'm afraid !!!!!

Moved on now, fishing Heron Lake @ Wyboston but biggies are still evading m'baits.

Keep at it mate, they come when least expected sometimes :wallbash: , so whats Heron lake, Wyboston like??

I have moved to Kent now, so don't get to fish Cambs area now, and still looking around this area for good waters.

Hi Jason B and welcome. Sounds like a great event.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President