Forgetful ?

RobStubbs

Set off for a fishing session a couple of weeks ago and got half way there (some 20 miles) and realised I'd forgotten my landing net. Had to turn around and return home it - which was a bit of a pain! As it was I blanked on the carp rods anyway so didn't need the thing! :schmoll:

• 2 weeks later...
I went fishing overnight last night and almost forgot my stove, remembered it at the end of the road and turned around to collect it. Unbeknown to me though I'd also forgotten my sleeping bag :( Thankfully I do have an old one that lives in the bottom of my rucksack but it was a bit musty, not having been out for about 3 years !

It reminds of the time I went fishing elsewhere at the start of the season and forgot all my bait. I had to do a 150 mile round trip to go home and collect it.

I also forgot the front of my bivvy (umbrella) for a week long session in France - thankfully the weather was fairly kind to me.

So what have you forgotten before ?

Rob.

I actually forgot my landing net and unhooking mat once on an overnighter, they were still hanging on the washinfg line after being washed , my wife was well impressed in having to do a 32 mile rouind trip to drop them off to me as I had already set up my bivvy , rods etc ! As you would expect in this case they were not used.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

I write a check list... comes in handy, i always use to forget the hammer for wacking the pod bars in :(

Ouch - a hammer :headhurt: - I bet you're popular. I suppose you don't have to worry about being quiet for fish in the margins because you will have already scared them off to the other side of the lake. Where I fish hammers are banned for that very reason.

Rob.

Ouch - a hammer :headhurt: - I bet you're popular. I suppose you don't have to worry about being quiet for fish in the margins because you will have already scared them off to the other side of the lake. Where I fish hammers are banned for that very reason.

Rob.

Much to the confusion of the the carpers on my club lake, I always forget: 50 cans of strongbow, my gas bbq, radio, tv and camo underpants!

Rich

i always use to forget the hammer for wacking the pod bars in

....and long may that remain unchanged. I`m struggling to think why you need a hammer for a pod, they are free standing you know :thumbs:

I travelled 80 odd miles for a day chubbing on the Lugg only to discover that I`d taken the extension piece for the rod rather than the middle section (Wilson Avon Quiver owners, you know what I mean!)

Had to spend all day trying to touch leger breadflake with my mates pike rod........

wolf.gif