Best Angling Magazine's To Subscribe Too?

henda11

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Caravan, Motorhome & Camping Mart - it's a cracker.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Henda11,

It may be worth you telling the people here what you hope to obtain from a magazine and also to give an indication of your current level knowledge of carp fishing, as the magazines vary greatly.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

well id say my knowledge of carp so far is basic, so im just looking to learn more really, so a few angling magazines with pointers etc... in them would help, and really just to read more about carp and stuff..

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

I'd say that Improve Your Coarse Fishing was worth a one-year subscription:

http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/store/disp...setext=magazine

One year is probably more than enough to get you up to speed - most magazines start to repeat themselves a lot after that. They're offering a free Wychwood reel as an inducement at the moment, btw...

I don't read any of the mags anymore, but I found IYCF quite helpful after returning to the sport after a long layoff a few years ago.

could anyone give me a few web address to some decent magazines to subscribe to please...cheers

hi. i'd go for total carp.i've seen it a couple of times and it looks ok.i know a couple of guys from the mag and they are top blokes.jigga boo?

lesson 4. dont play,dont give the game away.

I read Total Carp and Crafty Carper, but then thats only my opinnion, but I like them :thumbs:

hi. i'd go for total carp.i've seen it a couple of times and it looks ok.i know a couple of guys from the mag and they are top blokes.jigga boo?

Could also read Polly's guide to fishing the Woolpack :rolleyes:

From what I've seen of Total Carp, I'd say that it may well be worth a look, as it explains things well and uses good, clear photographs.

The best thing to do would be to buy a copy first from a newsagent, just to make sure.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I buy total Carp, i have only been fishing for carp seriously for the last 2yrs, it has done me ok, i started with improve your course fishing which was a ideal. I found that it gave me the basics that i was missing and then when i new what fish i wanted to target more reguarly i was in a good position.

My advice would be Improve your course fishing, then move on to a carp mag.

To be fair its just as much about knowing your craft and the water you are targeting than it is about magizines. You can find just about everything you want to know on the internet and on here if you search about a bit.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I wanted one of these for Xmas so I bought a load to find out what I would like.

I found they can vary quite radically. IYCF and TCF are good hints and tips style, others can be filled with long story like articles.

It really is gong to depend on what you like reading about.

Tony