Buying a Beach Buddy.

John E Ashford

LOL - no problem. Makes me feel useful.

:D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya If its anything like a beach buddy which it does look like then yes you can spread some gravel or shingle over that to hold it down! Think i might of brought one of those if i new they were that cheap instead of paying for the real mccoy!

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

John, don't worry about ropes!

Take a few sturdy carrier bags to fill with pebbles or sand, instead of thinking of pegs.

3 or 4 ropes from the top, to bags of pebbles, will save a lot of strain on the frame if it is blowing.

Better still, hold your rod and feel 'all' the bites!

[ 15. February 2004, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Jim Roper:

John, don't worry about ropes!

Take a few sturdy carrier bags with pebbles or sand, instead of thinking of pegs.

Jim It's bad enough carrying my box of kit, rod rest & rods half a mile, you don't expect me to carry bags with pebbles or sand aswell. :D:D:D:D
Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

john

yes the black bits in the pic are the skirts but that pic doesnt do it justice they are longer than they look

just cover them in shingle/sand and the beach dream dont budge an inch

it does come with guy ropes and pegs too but i rarely use them unless i peg it up on a cliff top.

i fish in galeforce winds and it stayed solid to the beach every time

well worth £60

macky

As an ex-carper I use my nash (spit) titan. Fantastic bit of kit!(There are a few on ebay at the mo ~£100)

The best thing about them other then the rigidity and lack of guy ropes. Is they are really wide so you can recline on a bed/deck chair making watching the rod tips easy!

Mines an old one with a removable spike at the back. I've replaced this with a 3' umbrella spike. With or without the storm poles on the front it's Solid as a rock!

Any colour you like as long as its green.

[ 16. February 2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Bretty ]

Well thanks to the internet I had a good day out(Blanked) on the Holderness coast fishing with someone I met on the forums. Talking of fishing experiences and kit, when the subject of beach buddys came up. Only for him to have a John Holden one going for a song. It was only a few months old and was in prime condition.

I now have a John Holden Beach Buddy for well under £50.

Thanks to all for your help.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif