Macky Fishing Saturday Night

glennk

Had a couple of hours on the west pier tonight at Whitby, I wasn't very hopeful when I saw the amount of fresh water coming out the river but that didn't seem to put them off as they were underneath the brown. Had roughly 30 in total. Was a nice night and only 5 of us on the pier - bliss.

-----------------------------

westpier6.jpg

Tideline showing the difference between fresh water from the river and the sea water

500-macky-tide.jpg

500mackydarren.jpg

500macky-pier.jpg

Edited by glennk

Nice one! I'd love to have a go at those on freshwater fishing gear. I bet they go like stink :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Had a couple of hours on the west pier tonight at Whitby, I wasn't very hopeful when I saw the amount of fresh water coming out the river but that didn't seem to put them off as they were underneath the brown. Had roughly 30 in total. Was a nice night and only 5 of us on the pier - bliss.

-----------------------------

westpier6.jpg

Tideline showing the difference between fresh water from the river and the sea water

500-macky-tide.jpg

500mackydarren.jpg

500macky-pier.jpg

tut tut glenn fishing across the harbour but then again if its there give it a go. they look a good size get em filleted and in the smoker yum yum. amazing with all that fresh down did you get a soaking in that last down pour

Wasn't me fishing across the harbour mate :). That's just a picture I took on the way home. I do agree fishing across the harbour particularly in summer is not a good idea and is quite dangerous - although the lads in the pic are pretty clued up and always had an eye on what was coming in and out of the harbour. Having nearly had a 6 ounce weight fired into my skull when out with Paul I do appreciate what your saying though. I have a favourite spot on the pier which is the front corner on the lower deck facing Sandsend. From there you can get a cast out left right or centre and poach from everyone elses swim :lol: :lol: