Shimano or Daiwa?

faze3

After many years away from the sport I'm getting back to my fishing. I'm going to stick to my spinning which I always enjoyed most and as most of my time available will be the odd hour here and there I've decided to go for a telescopic. Any views on comparing the Daiwa Vertice Telespin and the Shimano Exage Mini Spnning rods?

Thanks in advance.

Alan.

After many years away from the sport I'm getting back to my fishing. I'm going to stick to my spinning which I always enjoyed most and as most of my time available will be the odd hour here and there I've decided to go for a telescopic. Any views on comparing the Daiwa Vertice Telespin and the Shimano Exage Mini Spnning rods?

Thanks in advance.

Alan.

Shimano Exage H330, Multi piece not telescopic, the bees...for about £55 B)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Thanks in advance.

Alan.

Daiwa every time. The Shim good for propping up the cheese plant though :rolleyes:

In Nomine Satanas

Hmm, I really fancied a telescopic for getting going quickly. Are they not too good?

Alan.

Hi Alan

Of the two telescopic rods that you mention I would opt for the shimano.

Telescopics have come a long way since my boy-hood years. :rolleyes:

Having said that, if getting going quickly, as opposed to being able to stash the rod in the glove box of your car is the proirity, I would happily spend the extra 30 seconds setting up a four-piece and go for a Greys or Mike Ladle for a much better rod.

Cheers

Steve

Having got several Daiwa rods and not liking Shimano at all I would have to say the Daiwa!! But I really AM biased!! I have several Telescopic rods now and have to say they ARE 1000% better than ever they were! But here in France they are a lot more used. My personal favourite is a Ron Thompson!

But are you not being a little limited in your choice? Or are they the only rods you can find?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Well I'm starting to come to a decision on the rod (I think !). Now could somebody clear up a few reel terms that didn't seem to be about in my fishing days!!! Free running, bait runner, instant anti-reverse. If you could just cut through the jargon for me and supply a few suggestions for a £30-£40 sea spinning reel it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.

But are you not being a little limited in your choice? Or are they the only rods you can find?

Apart from some very cheap Shakespeare models and a few Fladen rods (which didn't have a very good write-up on the forums) those are really the only ones I've found.

Alan.