Bennetts of Sheffield

wotnobivvy

Saw on the BBC news website that Bennetts has been badly hit by the flooding, all stock has been trashed :sad2::sad2: . Even their web site is out of action. Hope they can recover soon

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope they can recover soon

Ditto. They've been serving the mail order sector long before even the likes of websites like this!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Saw on the BBC news website that Bennetts has been badly hit by the flooding, all stock has been trashed :sad2::sad2: . Even their web site is out of action. Hope they can recover soon

I walked past Bennetts yesterday afternoon and it looked totally trashed, all the shop fittings were laid either on the pavement or in skips! It's not certain at the moment if they are re-opening or not!

Calcotts ( Yorkshire pole centre ) just around the corner from Bennetts are closing down due to losing almost their entire stock :(

Both shops have been trading for at least 4 decades to my knowledge!! and it will be a very sad loss for all Shefiled anglers if they do not re-open.

Alan.

Edited by YorkieT

That's awful news, I hope they can recover from this rapidly. Im sure somewhere as big as bosfish will have adequate insurance, its the time out and subsequent loss of trade that has a knock on effect.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

That's awful news, I hope they can recover from this rapidly. Im sure somewhere as big as bosfish will have adequate insurance, its the time out and subsequent loss of trade that has a knock on effect.

As you say it's not just the loss of stock it's the time it takes for the insurance people to take a look and assess the damage / compensation, loss of trade, and the time it will take to rebuild the store! and they will still have staff to pay!

Several feet of water and mud swept down the streets where Bennetts and Calcotts shops are situated! this will take several months of hard work to repair.

Tons of quality fish inc barbel, roach, bream and chub etc were left stranded on the streets of Sheffield, a crying shame especially as the river Don has improved so much over the last few years, it will take several more years for the stocks to recover :cry:

Alan.

Guest tigger

The place will be insured to the hilt, infact they'll probably make a fortune out of it.

I wonder if they'll be having a water damaged goods sale?

Should be some good bargains up for grabbs if they do :)

Guest Brumagem Phil
The place will be insured to the hilt, infact they'll probably make a fortune out of it.

I wonder if they'll be having a water damaged goods sale?

Should be some good bargains up for grabbs if they do :)

Your charitable spirit is heart warming.

As long as they get a new office space quickly and get the website up and going, phones diverted, I cant see there being much impact on the Mail Order side of things as they should be able to fulfill orders direct from the distributors, yes it will add a day or two to delivery but I expect under the circumstances most people would understand and accept that. I would be very suprised if they did not come back!

I suspect they would have some influence with the distributors as well due to the volumes they will sell.

Weasley