Crates

Pav

A lot of photos show milk crates? bungeed onto the back of fishing yaks.

Where do people get these crates from (hoping I don't look stupid with the answer being the milkman!).

Anyone able to post a nice example of a crate. I assume they are fixed in place with bungee?

I don't use them myself. Think they look rubbish. I'm far too much of a tart.

me too :yucky::thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Pah! Tesco-Tart! I have some of those pieces of crap that my wife bought to use for the shopping. I refuse to even use them for that - the bottoms fall out, they unclip themselves and they aren't yellow. I do confess however to having a large rectangular box that has a lid that securely clips down. This fits neatly into my rear tankwell, keeps stuff dry and secure and remains below the top of the tankwell thus remaining out of sight and not affecting wind resistance etc. Hell, even my C-Tug goes in the front hatch. I am so embarressed by it's clashing colour scheme.

Examining my recent purchases I suspect I am evolving from yak-tart to yak-slut.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I have used crates, boxes and coolboxes.

I found with a crate everything can get wet so easily. But they are very cheap and can be modified easily

A box/coolbox seems to keep things much drier

A coolbox keeps the fish for longer and is also more solid, but heavier

A crate will cost you a few quid, try one and see if you like it. A box will cost a bit more but also cheap enough.

If all else fails buy a coolbox

If you want to be a tart like a lot of us then the Igloo coolbox is the one to get :)

Hope that helps

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I have used crates, boxes and coolboxes.

I found with a crate everything can get wet so easily. But they are very cheap and can be modified easily

A box/coolbox seems to keep things much drier

A coolbox keeps the fish for longer and is also more solid, but heavier

A crate will cost you a few quid, try one and see if you like it. A box will cost a bit more but also cheap enough.

If all else fails buy a coolbox

If you want to be a tart like a lot of us then the Igloo coolbox is the one to get :)

Hope that helps

I now have an IMAX sea seat box £30. from Glasgow angling centre, waterproof with zip pockets and hard plastic top, when not on the back of the yak you can use it as a seat.

Bb

I have an imax coolbag and fits nicely behind the seat, plenty of room in them for bait and food and more food.

They keep everything cool all day :)

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

tarts :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

tarts :rolleyes:

i think i am becoming one of them too :rolleyes:

p.s. can you get a drinks cabinet for yaks :rolleyes:

Edited by jerseytrev

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ