Irish Bass Laws Made Permanent

Ha Ha Ha, Dream on. If i'm very very lucky sport, the most times i would target bass during a year would be four or five times. during that period i don't want some jumped up, no nothing restricting me for what i would catch as in a million years, my take would be a tiny pin prick in relation to the stock.Cheers. Never sold a fish in me life, sport.

There is no restriction on the amount of fish you can catch only on what you can kill.. Our legislation is imposed by the minister for the marine, not (quote)some jumped up, no nothing but a duly elected representative of the Irish people.

If you don't wish to come over here, great!, obviously you have a problem with the way we try to look after our fish stocks. WE also have a four fish bag limit on all coarse fish, a single fish limit on Pike, many of our salmon fisheries are now temporarily catch and release or severely restricted in numbers of fish allowed to be taken. We imposed a ban on seatrout fishing when stocks were at risk...most angling tourists appreciate our endeavours, I'm sure we won't miss you.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no restriction on the amount of fish you can catch only on what you can kill.. Our legislation is imposed by the minister for the marine, not (quote)some jumped up, no nothing but a duly elected representative of the Irish people.

If you don't wish to come over here, great!, obviously you have a problem with the way we try to look after our fish stocks. WE also have a four fish bag limit on all coarse fish, a single fish limit on Pike, many of our salmon fisheries are now temporarily catch and release or severely restricted in numbers of fish allowed to be taken. We imposed a ban on seatrout fishing when stocks were at risk...most angling tourists appreciate our endeavours, I'm sure we won't miss you.

Hello Greg,

The way Ireland as a nation manages its resources Puts us to shame, Seems more proactive than our goverment and willing to swim against the tide of comercial pressure, having said that the decisions of Duly elected representatives Have been the bain of the British public For years ( Auntie Thatcher Being a prime example :rolleyes: ) hence some poeples Cinicissum towards political encroachment into thier sport (sp) Barrys statement barbed as it was, seemed to be directed towards the indervidual Calling him a Fish Monger rather than towards the Irish goverment and policies, and up to that piont all his questions and remarks did not seem inflamitory at all mearly polite interest, a point of view is all that was aired, and an atack was what followed !

or am I missing something :blink:

Cheers Greg

FB

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Cheers FB. However Barry's first post was that he wouldn't be bothered paying to travel to Ireland if he wasn't allowed to kill more than two fish, unless they were 15 lbers. This was answered quite politely that by his own statement he would expect at least 30lb of dead bass a day to want to fish....he in effect called himself a fishmonger. His statement that four or five trips a year still equals 100-150lb of bass flesh per year by his own reasoning :blink: this is more than a pin-prick to any stocks. By the tone of his first post he obviously had a problem with Ireland's stance on Bass stocks, this was reinforced by his quoted comments.

Seperate from the jumped up no nothing issue, I am surprised that this attitude on killing a scarce hard fighting fish would even be contemplated on the conservation forum :blink::rolleyes: he obviously has as little concern for conservation minded anglers as for the Irish, so I won't take it personally.:lol: Trying to change attitudes like that is a bit like... :wallbash:

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

After a period of twelve years you can say that you have a huge improvement of the stock? According to some posts you still have a big problem with black fishing in any event, not bad for twelve years, well managed? The main problem is protection of the breeding stock. Your fish resturants selling only imported bass? Your sea trout fishing, wasn't that a problem with commercial netting. So are the rsa restricted on that as well?

I can see that you (southern ireland) are going down the sad road of draconian management of the rsa, before the uk, bag limits. Licences next. That means to me that the men in suits have won their place in your society and they are having a nice living at your expence. To me that will only do more harm to the fishing tourist industry. Glad not to be missed as i would rather go and enjoy my sport without having some traffic type warden looking over my shoulder at what i am doing. I don't require policing along with millions of others, waste of our tax payers money.If the restriction happens in the uk, that will be an a bad time for the uk fishing industry, all will suffer, to no improvement of the stock. I don't need to travel to enjoy a good days bassing without restriction. I also enjoy letting them go as i prefer to take makerel home.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Cheers FB. However Barry's first post was that he wouldn't be bothered paying to travel to Ireland if he wasn't allowed to kill more than two fish, unless they were 15 lbers. This was answered quite politely that by his own statement he would expect at least 30lb of dead bass a day to want to fish....he in effect called himself a fishmonger. His statement that four or five trips a year still equals 100-150lb of bass flesh per year by his own reasoning :blink: this is more than a pin-prick to any stocks. By the tone of his first post he obviously had a problem with Ireland's stance on Bass stocks, this was reinforced by his quoted comments.

Seperate from the jumped up no nothing issue, I am surprised that this attitude on killing a scarce hard fighting fish would even be contemplated on the conservation forum :blink::rolleyes: he obviously has as little concern for conservation minded anglers as for the Irish, so I won't take it personally.:lol: Trying to change attitudes like that is a bit like... :wallbash:

Hello Greg :thumbs:

Ive read through again the posts that caused contention, Barry put forward a hypothetical arguement and strangley considering the reaction he got back made no remark to dispatching fish in any shape or form. At the risk of sounding like a sycophant

Ive fished with Barry and concider him a pall, he has proberbly released more speciman fish than I have ever caught and I would consider him one of the more enlightend anglers I have wet a line with, I am not his appolagist but feel that He was wronged in this instance. I can see where offence could be taken, but when kept within the context of the subject being discussed It was purley a Hypothetical remark I have never seen a 15lb bass (Apart from a stuffed one in a tackle shop in Dover) lett alone caught 2 I still think the being caled a Fish monger was an unessessary remark and served nothing to what was and is a interesting thread.

any way Im draging this thread off subject so Im backing out now,

all the best Greg

PS . If I behave my self even though Im ;) in league with a bass fishing Phillistine can I come over and have a go at fishing for your Bass?

FB

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Hello Greg :thumbs:

Ive read through again the posts that caused contention, Barry put forward a hypothetical arguement and strangley considering the reaction he got back made no remark to dispatching fish in any shape or form. At the risk of sounding like a sycophant

Ive fished with Barry and concider him a pall, he has proberbly released more speciman fish than I have ever caught and I would consider him one of the more enlightend anglers I have wet a line with, I am not his appolagist but feel that He was wronged in this instance. I can see where offence could be taken, but when kept within the context of the subject being discussed It was purley a Hypothetical remark I have never seen a 15lb bass (Apart from a stuffed one in a tackle shop in Dover) lett alone caught 2

any way Im draging this thread off subject so Im backing out now,

Cheers Greg

FB

Thanks for that Chris, your are correct in saying that i indeed let good fish go, just don't like restriction where it is not nessesary and not required, again it's a waste. I would like to catch a fifteen pounder as well and i would proberbly let it go. cheers.

If you have a choice of going somewhere to catch fish , one place has restriction the other don't, where would you go?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry

May i apologise if i caused offence by calling you a "fishmonger", in hindsight it appears i may have overreacted.

The point i was trying to make is that the irish have the correct approach to bass fishing in that they take the longer term view that by enforcing bag limits etc the quality of the fishing is enhanced for everyone to enjoy and protected for the future.

Whilst i also get frustrated by the constant interference of the over-regulated "nanny state" we live in, i feel that protection of our bass is necessary, due to their commercial value.

I was brought up on the 1st class bassing to be had on the welsh coast during the 70"s and was heartbroken to see this fishing devastated by commercial greed during the 80's. The welsh bass are slowly recovering now but it upsets me when i see anglers killing large numbers of bass for profit, as i see this as an unsustainable approach and a very selfish attitude.

I am not claiming to be perfect as i kill the occasional fish myself, but hope that this post explains my feelings on the matter a little more reasonably.

Tomcat

Barry

May i apologise if i caused offence by calling you a "fishmonger", in hindsight it appears i may have overreacted.

The point i was trying to make is that the irish have the correct approach to bass fishing in that they take the longer term view that by enforcing bag limits etc the quality of the fishing is enhanced for everyone to enjoy and protected for the future.

Whilst i also get frustrated by the constant interference of the over-regulated "nanny state" we live in, i feel that protection of our bass is necessary, due to their commercial value.

I was brought up on the 1st class bassing to be had on the welsh coast during the 70"s and was heartbroken to see this fishing devastated by commercial greed during the 80's. The welsh bass are slowly recovering now but it upsets me when i see anglers killing large numbers of bass for profit, as i see this as an unsustainable approach and a very selfish attitude.

I am not claiming to be perfect as i kill the occasional fish myself, but hope that this post explains my feelings on the matter a little more reasonably.

Tomcat

Many thanks for that Tomcat, believe me no offence taken, just defending my position, please read again say post 4 as it will give you an idea where i'm at. I hate over-management as it does all of us no good apart from the managers. My idea of conservation is with the breeding stock, as within Steve Pitts links, the breeding stock appear to be in the western approaches and the west. To make a dramatic differance this is where i think action should have the most benifit. fwiw i think the welsh assembly have got it dramaticly wrong in their 'protection' methods employed for the stock and the uk are a close second.

Edited by barry luxton

Your fish resturants selling only imported bass? Your sea trout fishing, wasn't that a problem with commercial netting. So are the rsa restricted on that as well?

Our restaurants sell farmed bass, the only bass that can be sold by law.

The sea trout were decimated by over stocking of salmon farms and intensive salmon ranching in their feeding areas.

As for licences, what is wrong with contributing to the protection of your fishing? Coarse anglers do it, many other anglers also pay for thier fishing. If it is worth something to you why not pay?

As far as 'draconian' measures go, you want commercial fishing restricted but are not prepared to accept bag limits?....that's what we call nimbyism...not in my back yard....How can you ask or expect other usergroups of a natural resource to act responsibly or conform to regulations when you refuse to accept any? The number of fish 'saved' by bag limits is not the main point, how can you as a responsible angler tell commercial interests that a resource is too scarce to harvest while harvesting it yourself ? :unsure:

I don't require policing along with millions of others, waste of our tax payers money.

If fish stock conservation is a waste of taxpayers money, why not retire the fishery protection vessels and let all the foreign trawlers etc. decimate fish stocks around the coasts. Cancel all the quotas, size limits and all other restrictions that need policing. I'm sure monofilament drift nets miles long set along your favourite fishing areas won't affect your enjoyment either...

Anarchy Rules OK!

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Our restaurants sell farmed bass, the only bass that can be sold by law.

The sea trout were decimated by over stocking of salmon farms and intensive salmon ranching in their feeding areas.

As for licences, what is wrong with contributing to the protection of your fishing? Coarse anglers do it, many other anglers also pay for thier fishing. If it is worth something to you why not pay?

As far as 'draconian' measures go, you want commercial fishing restricted but are not prepared to accept bag limits?....that's what we call nimbyism...not in my back yard....How can you ask or expect other usergroups of a natural resource to act responsibly or conform to regulations when you refuse to accept any? The number of fish 'saved' by bag limits is not the main point, how can you as a responsible angler tell commercial interests that a resource is too scarce to harvest while harvesting it yourself ? :unsure:

If fish stock conservation is a waste of taxpayers money, why not retire the fishery protection vessels and let all the foreign trawlers etc. decimate fish stocks around the coasts. Cancel all the quotas, size limits and all other restrictions that need policing. I'm sure monofilament drift nets miles long set along your favourite fishing areas won't affect your enjoyment either...

Anarchy Rules OK!

Good morning greg, i must refer you back to posts: 3, 2nd para, post 4, post 9, 2nd para, post 14 3rd para, post 15 2nd para in reply to you ist part of your post. As the rest is off topic i will look forward to another topic this evening unless i can tag my reply on a previous topic. Cheers.