Anyone understand worpress ?

glennk

In my new wordpress site I can post in firefox but not in IE7 when I get the error saying

IE7 cant open http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-ea...in/post-new.php

or if it does load I get a 404 message in the wysiwyg editor box and a picture of the site

??

Sometimes when I refresh it loads ok but then the next time its the same problem

Is this the wordpress of BLOG fame or wordpress of DTP fame Glen?

Oh and incidentally, the sig on the members page on your sig. is all to cock mate?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Sorry Glen, not familiar with that. In fact I googled it just to be sure before I started spouting forth!! Sorry mate. BUT lots of info on Google though??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers Chris.

Finally got there through their support forums.

I had the .htaccess file in the main domain and it should have gone in the sub directory

I have been trying to set up a site using Wordpress (not as a blog, because I absolutely detest them). I'm afraid it is far too complicated for me to get my head round, although mainly because it seems so difficult to change the templates. I liked the overall look of one of the styles, but the font is too bold and very difficult to read (as far as I can tell, it is says it is "normal").

Not only that, when I was looking for some help I came across this http://wordpress.org/support/topic/123340

Surely that has to be the rudest and most bad tempered support guy ever.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Surely that has to be the rudest and most bad tempered support guy ever.
Hell no, he's not even trying. There used to be a guy called Dick Morell who worked for Smoothwall the firewall company. Dick was an absolute master at being rude. I used to subscribe to the mailing list, it is the only technical mailing list that had me rolling on the floor with tears running down my cheeks. Come back Dick, all is forgiven. He was the best security guy they ever had, but like myself he just could not suffer fools gladly.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Be that as it may, suffering fools glady is part and parcel of being in technical support. The golden rule should alwaya be that the person who contacts you knows nothing. To assume otherwise is being a smart ass who knows nothing about the job they are being paid to perform.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Be that as it may, suffering fools glady is part and parcel of being in technical support. The golden rule should alwaya be that the person who contacts you knows nothing. To assume otherwise is being a smart ass who knows nothing about the job they are being paid to perform.
If it is a job you are being payed to perform, absolutely. If you are running a support forum, in your own time, unpaid, for free software, then perhaps not. I did actually read the link that you posted, anyone using MS Word to edit HTML really does need a kick in the left nut. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote