Blanked

kestrel

Errrrm, the water I`m currently fishing has no more than 10 carp in 25 acres. I just can`t seem to catch the sods.

The last one I had was back in April...................2006

A quick guesstimate makes it a blank for 72 nights so far (theres probably more to follow!)

I am not surprised if there are only 10 carp in that much water, that sounds like a seriously tough venue ,

what makes you carry on ? I know we are all motivated by different things .

Is it the peace and solitiude, the challange , nice surroundings ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

I know we are all motivated by different things .

Ive often thought that the biggest motivation for me is simply not being able to catch!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I am not surprised if there are only 10 carp in that much water, that sounds like a seriously tough venue ,

The tougher the venue the greater the challenge, the greater the sense of achievement when you do crack it (or at least catch a fish). I fished a 60 acre lake that had, we estimated, 20-30 carp in it, but it had never been seriously carp fished. I fished it on and off for a couple of seasons and when I finally got one on the bank it was a real thrill ! Only a smallish fish but there's a big element of the unknown / uncertainty of it that I really liked.

Rob.

Budgie sums it up perfectly:

Ive often thought that the biggest motivation for me is simply not being able to catch!
wolf.gif

Kestrel,

sounds like you're suffering with "Gingerbreaditus" mate, don't let the place beat you up, that thirty you desire is in there and will be yours eventually. Until your moment arrives just enjoy the lake. As you know I'm struggling a tad myself but gonna stick to my guns and keep going. I just LOVE getting out and being at the waterside, putting a fish on the mat really is just a bonus to me.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Kestrel,

sounds like you're suffering with "Gingerbreaditus" mate, don't let the place beat you up, that thirty you desire is in there and will be yours eventually. Until your moment arrives just enjoy the lake. As you know I'm struggling a tad myself but gonna stick to my guns and keep going. I just LOVE getting out and being at the waterside, putting a fish on the mat really is just a bonus to me.

I am ok where I am , I was just wondering how many days/nights other carpers went without a fish on the mat .

Carpers , how many fish in a season on your venue would it take for you to consider you had a good season ?

What size lake are you fishing ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

On my water one fish would be a result.

I generally base my season on the amount of times I can find the fish. They`re incredibly difficult to find and even more tough to approach without alerting them (they`ve got periscopes, perfect vision and a lateral line three times the size of normal carp!).

I managed to get into position for a 27lb ish fish earlier this year. It took one look at the floater, sucked it down and I missed it!

If thats the only chance I get then I`ll take that as a fairly good outcome for the year.

wolf.gif