Yet another postal strike is scheduled

Newt

This one will have a longer impact on deliveries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6905162.stm

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

To be honest Newt i don't think it will have that much effect. :mellow:

I stopped using The Post Office a while back,all the courier companies now offer competative pricing and get your parcel/package there on time,apart from DHL who seem to be totally incompetant.

Most of the companies i use pick up from the your home as well.This is fine for me because i have to go into the town centre to use my "local" post office (the two nearest to me were closed down) and it costs a £1 to park. :wallbash:

Most people use e-mail anyway,i can't remember the last time i wrote a letter. :mail2:

As for receiving the gas and electric bill,i don't mind waiting. :rolleyes:

IF IT'S CALLED "COMMON SENSE" WHY DO SO FEW PEOPLE HAVE IT.

Most members of the public don't receive any items in the mail that are that urgent, so a few days delay is hardly noticed.

They can strike every other day if they want. :P

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Guest Jan V
To be honest Newt i don't think it will have that much effect. :mellow:

Most people use e-mail anyway,i can't remember the last time i wrote a letter. :mail2:

As for receiving the gas and electric bill,i don't mind waiting. :rolleyes:

only time we use "snail mail" is for birthday cards for the grandkids. we went with online utility billing a number of years back. there really is nothing that comes via the post that we couldn't live without.

The service they provide is dreadful, I have had a few item go missing of late...and the help they give out is as useful as a chocolate fireguard. They just dont want to know.... :angry:

Newt, that wee rod I tried to send to you,which was well under a metre long, was returned to me 2 days later, and this after the Postmistress said, it would be sent no problem,...I tried to claim back the £15 I paid for post,...and got a letter weeks later, saying more or less to "get stuffed", that they had been in touch with the postmistress and she had warned me it was a "dodgy" parcel.....funny that, specially after she died later on in the week I posted the thing !!! And this info was "gleaned" more than three weeks after she passed away ....Blatent lies !!!! I'm still waiting on a reply...... :angry: :angry:

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

The service they provide is dreadful, I have had a few item go missing of late...and the help they give out is as useful as a chocolate fireguard. They just dont want to know.... :angry:

Newt, that wee rod I tried to send to you,which was well under a metre long, was returned to me 2 days later, and this after the Postmistress said, it would be sent no problem,...I tried to claim back the £15 I paid for post,...and got a letter weeks later, saying more or less to "get stuffed", that they had been in touch with the postmistress and she had warned me it was a "dodgy" parcel.....funny that, specially after she died later on in the week I posted the thing !!! And this info was "gleaned" more than three weeks after she passed away ....Blatent lies !!!! I'm still waiting on a reply...... :angry: :angry:

:blink: :blink: You're not suggesting that they "disappeared" her, are you ? :blink: :blink: :ph34r:

Damn, thats the last time I will be rude to the Postman. :o

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

:blink: :blink: You're not suggesting that they "disappeared" her, are you ? :blink: :blink: :ph34r:

Damn, thats the last time I will be rude to the Postman. :o

LOL....Naw !!!!!! :):) BUT, I did wonder if Jeepsters crew were "Ghosting" for Royal Mail, and had been at work, contacting her in the afterlife to get her side of the story !!! :):

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

posted a letter last friday first class recorded ,still not turned up yesterday and that poxy track and trace still showing nothing ,whats the point of paying extra if the system only works if the letters delivered :angry:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson