Top Five Best Things About My Last Fishing Trip...

Wordbender

1. Being all snug in my bivvy, reading Harry Potter* and sipping a cheeky glass of Merlot, while the rain hammered down and the sky turned to metallic purple.

2. Watching the setting sun replaced by a constellation of glow worms twinkling from the reeds all around me.

3. Practically hand-feeding a family of woodmice. One little chap even climbed on my boot and did that impossibly cute face-wash thing. Bless.

4. Managing to fry a 16-ounce rump steak to perfection and serving it to myself with new potatoes and sugar-snap peas. **The bloke in the next swim had some Pot-Vomit thing, so I gave him half of the steak and trimmings and made a new chum.

5. Caught carp of 23, 22, 25 and 27 pounds on a new bait I'm testing for a friend's company.

* Spookily, the lad who plays Draco Malfoy regularly fishes at this lake. Yes I know, how interesting. :rolleyes:

** Erm...I'm not portraying myself as the ultimate hardcore carper at all, am I? :unsure:

So, let's have your fishing-related top fives - lures, baits, species, methods, tackle items...whatever.

Edited by Wordbender

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I'm disappointed that my phone calls didn't make it to the top 5 :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm disappointed that my phone calls didn't make it to the top 5 :D

Well, obviously your constant interruptions of my angling/Harry Potter muse were wonderful things. <_<

If I'd done a 'top 500', I'm sure they'd have snuck in...probably. B)

Yesterday:

1) Fishing a gripmesh feeder looking for bream and tench - preventing the rod being taken for a journey to Davy Jones, all for a 3lb tench. After 15 minutes it was almost a fish a cast in the 4 swims I was feeding - none more than 25 yards away.

2) Bernadette and her daughter turning up and cooking dinner for the 3 of us. Chicken breast with cream and white wine sauce, rice with peas, peppers and sweetcorn. A bottle of Muscadet sur Lie and decent coffee (Jamaica blue Mountain)

3) 6 hours without seeing another person, no radio, no telephone signal = no disturbance.

4) Getting mullah-ed by skimmers - around 70 of them. I was so busy, I didn't bother with a 2nd rod, let alone 3.

5) Beautiful weather leaving me feeling of absolutely knackered at the end of the day. I put my brolly up for the first time... to keep the sun off me.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Yesterday:

1) Fishing a gripmesh feeder looking for bream and tench - preventing the rod being taken for a journey to Davy Jones, all for a 3lb tench. After 15 minutes it was almost a fish a cast in the 4 swims I was feeding - none more than 25 yards away.

2) Bernadette and her daughter turning up and cooking dinner for the 3 of us. Chicken breast with cream and white wine sauce, rice with peas, peppers and sweetcorn. A bottle of Muscadet sur Lie and decent coffee (Jamaica blue Mountain)

3) 6 hours without seeing another person, no radio, no telephone signal = no disturbance.

4) Getting mullah-ed by skimmers - around 70 of them. I was so busy, I didn't bother with a 2nd rod, let alone 3.

5) Beautiful weather leaving me feeling of absolutely knackered at the end of the day. I put my brolly up for the first time... to keep the sun off me.

Do I know this venue?

1. Being all snug in my bivvy, reading Harry Potter* and sipping a cheeky glass of Merlot, while the rain hammered down and the sky turned to metallic purple.

2. Watching the setting sun replaced by a constellation of glow worms twinkling from the reeds all around me.

3. Practically hand-feeding a family of woodmice. One little chap even climbed on my boot and did that impossibly cute face-wash thing. Bless.

4. Managing to fry a 16-ounce rump steak to perfection and serving it to myself with new potatoes and sugar-snap peas. **The bloke in the next swim had some Pot-Vomit thing, so I gave him half of the steak and trimmings and made a new chum.

5. Caught carp of 23, 22, 25 and 27 pounds on a new bait I'm testing for a friend's company.

* Spookily, the lad who plays Draco Malfoy regularly fishes at this lake. Yes I know, how interesting. :rolleyes:

i hope #5 didn't interfere with #1 to 4 too much!

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

i hope #5 didn't interfere with #1 to 4 too much!

Certainly not! It's all about priorities you know. B)

Ah yes, you can't beat that bare essentials, no-frills approach. We suffer for our art, eh Alan. :thumbs: