Ebay warning

Anderoo

Hopefully links to other forums are OK, if not, sorry! I've just seen these threads:

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum/topic....amp;whichpage=1

http://www.total-fishing.com/CoarseForum.a...CD86&Page=1

re 'Kathryns Tackle' aka 'the_codfather' on ebay. I had all kinds of problems with this seller, but eventually managed to get my money back. Apparently they may not be trading any more, but if they are and you're tempted - don't!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Very interesting glad I saw this.

I have bought stuff from this seller in the past and had no problems at all, however I have long suspected dodgy doings were going on when I was in the market for a fly rod.

I watched as rods were listed at a high reserve then unsold. Occasionally one would appear with no reserve, would attract a bid or two then disappear from auction before the end. This happened to me on several occasions, and I was not alone it appears.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

I`ve used these many times with no problem at all,I go as far as saying they`ve been excellent to deal with and there customer service was second to none.

I`ve seen these "warnings" posted everywhere recently with lots of follow ups from people who"haven`t used them but I won`t now!!"

I think someone has a grudge to be honest

I have bought from them with no problems, other than high postage costs. This could be a malicious competitor. Easy to do if you think about it <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest tigger

I've had a few items off this seller. All of them have been good value and well worth getting. However I have also experienced problems with them but they were sorted out in the end. To be fair if they have something you want and it's the right price I would say but it from them. I reckon they'll sort it out with you even if it's not instantly.

The ammount of stuff they've sold there bound to have all kinds of problems (post, Courriers etc). I'm not stickin up for them but just trying to be reasnable.

Someone bought something, found a part was missing and was offered a full refund. Problem being....?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Rabbit

To threaten them with negative feedback before they had a chance to sort the problem out is a bit much. proves that this system of rating sellers/ buyers is open to abuse. I do buy from ebay, but prefer Trade It, much more user friendly, and no last second bidders to scupper your plans.

To threaten them with negative feedback before they had a chance to sort the problem out is a bit much. proves that this system of rating sellers/ buyers is open to abuse. I do buy from ebay, but prefer Trade It, much more user friendly, and no last second bidders to scupper your plans.

I used to run an auction script on here and on my giftware website that was a lot better than Ebay, as it used to have an end time or "5 minutes after last bid". I had some rare giftware ones that went on for hours after the last bid.

Ebay is purely set up to benefit Ebay by making them a quick buck. They don't give a monkey's about the buyers or sellers. They're like the estate agents whose only suggestion for selling a house is to lower your price, rather than them making an effort.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

OK, fair enough. I had a nightmare with them and thought it worth mentioning after I happened across those other forum topics. But sounds like others have had no problems, so it's up to you!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music