France fishing- a week

matty49

Orite :thumbs:

Next January im going to go to France for a week for carp fishing on me jack todge. Now has anyone here been to france carp fishing from the UK?? If so could you give me some information, like.... what are the best lakes, what gear you took, how you got there e.t.c and stuff like that??? Cheers :thumbs:

mysig333323dj5.jpg

Orite :thumbs:

Next January im going to go to France for a week for carp fishing on me jack todge. Now has anyone here been to france carp fishing from the UK?? If so could you give me some information, like.... what are the best lakes, what gear you took, how you got there e.t.c and stuff like that??? Cheers :thumbs:

Het Matty

Go on the Angling Lines website and phone their number on there and they will send you a free DVD+ catalogue with loads of venues and lakes in France, how to arrange holidays and get there etc etc: every thing you need to know and several hours of footage of the places, tactics and fish being caught, real quality DVD for nothing :thumbs:

Jan ain't the best time - most holiday firms will be shut but some individual lakes will still be open. Plus the fishing will be hard just like here.

Take exactly the same gear as in the UK - you are fishing for the same fish after all. I always drive it's a piece of cake, unless you fancy flying south to one of the holiday fishing venues.

Not really much else I can think of just choose your venue wisley depending on what you're after and maybe consider an easy water where you're less likely to spend a week blanking. Oh and never believe everything you read in the adverts for waters.

Rob.

Het Matty

Go on the Angling Lines website and phone their number on there and they will send you a free DVD+ catalogue with loads of venues and lakes in France, how to arrange holidays and get there etc etc: every thing you need to know and several hours of footage of the places, tactics and fish being caught, real quality DVD for nothing :thumbs:

I'd definitely recommend that you get hold of that DVD - http://www.anglinglines.com/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Cheers going to look at getting this DVD that you mentioned. And indeed Rob. I would really be p*ssed off spending all this money to go france fishing for a week and blank.

mysig333323dj5.jpg

Cheers going to look at getting this DVD that you mentioned. And indeed Rob. I would really be p*ssed off spending all this money to go france fishing for a week and blank.

Well it ain't unheard of. I've done it in the summer before now, as have other friends so like I said water selection is of paramount importance.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

right matty i fish quite alot in france and theres is alot to offer. what i will say is dont just think that because you are going to france that you are going to catch. i have been on a number of occasions and caught sod all. like said in a previous post jan probs aint the best time to go, fish behave in exactly the same manner as they do over here.

as for venues thres thousands to choose from its just finding one that suts your particular needs. it can still be really hard going but the rwards can be there if you put the hard work in.

best thing i can advise before booking anywhere ask around on the forums about the place you are intrested in that way you can usually build a picture up of what the place will be like, you will be well advised to do this once you have chosen your venue, to pick up little tips and tactics before you go.

as for what will you need to take, what ever you use over here. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

If you really intend fishing in January then its not just venue that you should chose carefully but the part of France is equally important. We tend to have pretty mild winters at the bottom of the Loire but places such as Champagne and Limousin can have several weeks of ice at that time. If you pick a relatively mild week then you could be pleasently suprised but a freezing week will just be a waste of time and effort.We have been working on the lake in t shirts in Jan...we have also been huddled round the fire with a blizzard raging outside. The chances are that you will be the only angler on the lake as well so chose a venue where the owner is on site all year so you can at least share a beer with someone. I would also suggest an all inclusive venue where you can be sure of a couple of hot meals each day. Having said that the choice of venue's is rather limited to who is open for business so good luck with your plans. Personally I would save my money and try for a break either in december of March when temperatures are better and fishing is likely to be more productive.

Matty, let me know your plans and I will try and help as much as possible. IF!! If you are coming down my way I should be able to put you on a water with fish in at the very least!! See sig for details of where I am.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 2 weeks later...

hi matty, your a brave lad! i have friends who have been carping here for years and they know their water's well. they generally dont bother after november, as other people have said it gets hard! and unless you can do some home work and find an easy water i think you might struggle. the same friends of mine do a new year's trip to spain and fish the river ebro for carp and they normally catch. it is run by some english chaps and reasonably priced, you just get on the plane and they provide the gear. i would certainly prefer that in january! but if you want to go for it, fair play to you and i hope you get a lunker! you will certainly deserve it! :thumbs:

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!