missing couple in jersey

jerseytrev

a young couple on holiday in jersey this week are missing , they went out in a inflatable kayak ,they were warned by locals of the tides and currents here and impending bad weather ,but the guy insisted he was a strong young man .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/jersey/6947647.stm

its a shame if they did drown . the only hope is that they did not go and went to france by other means but that is looking more unlikely. it would be nice to have a happy ending to this story will keep you imformed

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Last Friday (10th) the helicopter Whiskey Bravo from Lee-on-Solent spotted a kayak while out doing a diver rescue down at Portland, later they asked if the dive boat would go and have a look, but I never heard the outcome, I just hope they were all right

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

a young couple on holiday in jersey this week are missing , they went out in a inflatable kayak ,they were warned by locals of the tides and currents here and impending bad weather ,but the guy insisted he was a strong young man .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/jersey/6947647.stm

its a shame if they did drown . the only hope is that they did not go and went to france by other means but that is looking more unlikely. it would be nice to have a happy ending to this story will keep you imformed

Hi JT

I hope they are found! I saw it on the news (I have sky set to channel Island news (spotlight) and watch it every day and had seen this!) I was wondering if they were holidaymakers as all the locals know the power of the Alderney race!

Like you say JT hoping they turn up somewhere having changed their minds!

All the best mate :thumbs: SDD~~~~ :sun:

Surface the boat..................

Ello Ello, wheres Bergerac when you need him, apparently the local bobbies got in touch with their counterparts in Burnley to check the address given out by the couple at the Rozel campsite and not all is as it seemed, the address given was of an old derelect house not lived in for years, not only that there had been a robbery just a few doors away and that included the peoples passports..........fishy eh?

Still if you going to do a runner in an inflatable Kayak, from Rozel what with the Tour/race and a

force three breeze you gotta be ignorant or have big cahoonas to go twos up in what is no more than a expensive lilo, if they have made belle france then no doubt they will get caught.

At least I hope so, this has cost the rescue services thousands of pounds nevermind the time spent when there could have been a real emergency.

I was paddling with my missus and our boy there on the following saturday I can tell you that if you miss timed it they would have had a hell of a paddle, as it rips passed there which was fine for us as we were being taken to Bouley bay.

On our way back the tide had turned Tracy and Reece managed to paddle around the outside of white rock, and as I watched them I could see them traveling twice as fast sideways while I cut through the middle, it was like being in a giant bath and somebody had pulled the plug out, an absolutley amazing ride and over in seconds, but to try and go straight out even to the echrehos would have been an ardous task.

JT, Dave kindly gave me something for you, any chance you could PM me or email me your address so I can either pop it around or we could meet up?

I hope keeping well, have you manged to get out at all?

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

It was also reported that a French guy spotted a very tired couple on the beach I think something smells fishy and it's not me as I blanked last time I went out

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

JT, Dave kindly gave me something for you, any chance you could PM me or email me your address so I can either pop it around or we could meet up?

I hope keeping well, have you manged to get out at all?

Woooooop wooooooop Captains on the bridge, surface das boot :thumbs: Hiya bud!

Huh that little trickle of a tide didn't worry me much :help: I was only letting you go first because I was lost :whistling:

Whats the news on the missing couple? Hope the whole thing was not a ruse, wasting the rescue services time? They should throw the book at em if so :thumbdown:

Great to hear you got that young man yak fishing bud! I hope he doesn't think he is gonna learn anything from me and you? ha ha.

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Do they ever throw the book at anyone except motorists?? :angry: Royal Show week here two lads made an anonomous call stating someone had fallen in the River Wye. 2 helicopters and major search revealed nothing. Call was traced - resuly £80 fine!!

Ok Prowler 13

Do they ever throw the book at anyone except motorists?? :angry: Royal Show week here two lads made an anonomous call stating someone had fallen in the River Wye. 2 helicopters and major search revealed nothing. Call was traced - resuly £80 fine!!

Hiya Martin :thumbs:

So true! Yet, do 35 in a 30mph and the "law" suddenly becomes interested (for law, read "tax office" extension!)

:thumbs:

• 3 months later...