SURFACE FISHING HEAVEN!

carper_AJ

Hello,

i love the joy and excitement (and frustration) of surface fishing for carp. I tried it first in a small estate pond nearby, with carp pushing twenty but it's REALLY HARD FISHING :wallbash::angry:

i arrived one early to blank once again!!! when to my amazement the carp where everywhere, a common which looked like a definite pb just sitting in front of me!!! i gently lowered my bait-banded piece of bread to the surface!!! i was distracted and turned around,,,,,,i turned back to see,,,,,well nothing bread gone and common slowly lowering back down into the unknown. :blink:

i was quite as my pb then was just 5lb. I bent into the fish, it kited hard to my to left, heading for the same island that i got broke off by an even bigger carp!!!!! Tip under the water, i cushioned the fast rotating spool and brought the carp back into my swim, after another dive to a sunken tree on my right i finally brought the gold scaley common over the rim of my net what i used to think was massive!!!!It was just touching 11lb minus the net, 10 and a half!!!!!!! :clap2::clap2:

heaven i carefully let the fish glide back through the murky water!!!!!!! I really had to home i didnt have any more carp on my mind!!!!!!!! That one, was enough for me

at the time i thought im not going to catch a bigger fish than that for ages but that was then!!!!

AND BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!!!!!

JOIN ME IN SUFACE FISHING HEAVEN 2, WHERE A PB FIRST CAST AND CARRY ON TO LAND 5 MORE!!

THANKS FOR,

SORRY IF I BORED YOU.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Great post and yep I agree, surface fishing really is a cracking way to spend some time!

Have you tried it at night when the pool is still and theres a decent moon in the sky? Watching em come up for it just watching the reflections is great too!!! They are just as crafty at night too! :thumbs:

I must have missed the third one.

Think back. It was in 2004.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President