GO Fishing Exhibition 2010 (updated - was 2009)

jayson69

Ok, information from other sources claim that this show is not even 100 % for 2009.

Is there any other "shows" / angling exhibitions that anyone would recommend for visitors making a journey from mainland Europe?

Our main cause would be to see top Firms presenting their latest wares and maybe one or two top names making presentations.

Grateful for any advice.....

Cheers

Jayson

The Tackle & Guns Show is on in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, their website won't let you find out about it, for some reason. It says that you need a password :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 4 weeks later...

Angler's Mail says that the NEC hasn't been booked for the show, but can't give any further details.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Tackle shows used to be like trade shows, where companies displayed their products, gave out a few freebies and then went and bought what you wanted from your own tackle shop.

These seem to have fallen out of favour now, with the public seemingly preferring the 'car boot sale' type affair, so I suppose they're okay if you're looking to get a good deal for your money.

• 4 weeks later...

Judging by the amount of hits this topic gets, I guess a few people would like to know if there's a show on next year...

I went to go fishing show at the NEC in 2003. I went on the Friday and it was not too packed but Saturday and Sunday was very busy so I heard. To be honest the best bit was meeting well known anglers. I got to meet Mick brown, john Wilson, matt Hayes, and Henry gilby as well hear lectures from bob nudd as well as john Wilson. Anyone who was anyone in angling was there. I picked up bits of tackle and looked at the stands and demonstrations and really had a good day. Credit crunch as well as the proliferation of fishing stuff on the web does threaten shows like this.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I went to go fishing show at the NEC in 2003. Anyone who was anyone in angling was there.

I wasn't!!

Although it eventually went down hill I always enjoyed Chatsworth. It was small enough to be friendly and I always bumped into someone that I knew. And it was always reasonably 'crap yob' free!

I suppose the biggest threats to quality angling shows are the big discount, lowest common denominator, bloke bawling down a mike type shows and competition from the internet.