Chieftain

MARTING

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Thanks for the promt reply Carl.

I did not take it as a moan but a true record of the trip, I am well aware you are made of more resilient stuff, had forgotten the name but of cause it was Harry.

Packing up fishing for such people will only lead to one thing and he ain't ready for a box yet!!

Please pass on my regards and best wishes to Harry, I had forgotten the second part of the T shirt.

Re the Chieftain, when earlier in the year we were in the U.K visiting family I booked on the boat but the weather was against it, must try again next year.Yes most of us enjoyed evenings on the patio relating fishy tails and taking the odd libation, GREAT MEMORIES.

Last winter we went to see our son in Kev's country, we sat on jettys and caught small Snapper and Brim, I also hooked a couple of Sting rays which I do'nt thing even realised they were hooked and of cause the enevertable happend.Must drop you a P.M when the system allows.

Tight lines.

Paddy W

Hi paddy w you may have not got a trip on chieftain but you managed a day on Phoebe, and what a fine day we had it was good to see you and glad we managed to get to sea and even better to catch some nice fish will be over your way next week so dont eat all those pepper smoked macs.

regards Andy

Hi paddy w you may have not got a trip on chieftain but you managed a day on Phoebe, and what a fine day we had it was good to see you and glad we managed to get to sea and even better to catch some nice fish will be over your way next week so dont eat all those pepper smoked macs.

regards Andy

Hi Andy.

Who could forget a day like that, we had a memorable day,whilst off shore trips a long way over the horizon are great equally great are trips to catch fish by such a variety of methods including trolling plugs for pollock and all in scenery that would stand on it's one merit anywhere in the world,I refere of cause to your one back yard that is Robin Hoods Bay.

Great to see such fishing 15mns from your mooring, long may it continue.

Will save you some macs, did not find a recipe for mac curry but I'm working on it, surly it can't be so different to Ling curry which is wonderful.

Regards to all in doors.

Keep her East.

Charles and her in doors

• 2 weeks later...
Guest challenge
[Thanks for the promt reply Carl.

I did not take it as a moan but a true record of the trip, I am well aware you are made of more resilient stuff, had forgotten the name but of cause it was Harry.

Packing up fishing for such people will only lead to one thing and he ain't ready for a box yet!!

Please pass on my regards and best wishes to Harry, I had forgotten the second part of the T shirt.

Re the Chieftain, when earlier in the year we were in the U.K visiting family I booked on the boat but the weather was against it, must try again next year.Yes most of us enjoyed evenings on the patio relating fishy tails and taking the odd libation, GREAT MEMORIES.

Last winter we went to see our son in Kev's country, we sat on jettys and caught small Snapper and Brim, I also hooked a couple of Sting rays which I do'nt thing even realised they were hooked and of cause the enevertable happend.Must drop you a P.M when the system allows.

Tight lines.

Paddy W

Hello all hope that you are keeping well. Off to Finland tomorrow to do sea trials with the new boat, hope to be back at the weekend when I will give you a phone with update Charlie.

The times we all had on the patio talking and surmising what we hoped to catch the following day, are memories that I would never whish to forget.

“O we happy few” always springs to mind. Take care and will chat with you soon.

Regards.

Hello all hope that you are keeping well. Off to Finland tomorrow to do sea trials with the new boat, hope to be back at the weekend when I will give you a phone with update Charlie.

The times we all had on the patio talking and surmising what we hoped to catch the following day, are memories that I would never whish to forget.

Regards.

Great to hear things progressing for you, good luck with sea trials.

The great thing about memories, one will never forget them and they can only be shared to maximum effect by those present.

One can of cause relate them to ears willing to listen but not with the same intencity as those living the tale.Do you remember one windy night I went aft about 0100 hours to take a leak before turning in, instead of going into the small room I went over to the leawood side pausing by the ladder while she rolled in the dark, upon setting off again one of a set of feathers held out by the wind intercepted my hand up to the bend of the hook, fotunatelly a pair of line clippers in my smock pocket saved the day and allowed me to continue to the rail.

Upon returning to the wheel house it was my turn having hystorically removed a good few 4-0 & 6-0 for other fellows ,are well, all part of the game, point being had I have gone to the correct place I would not have come within 6 foot of the hooks.

We had Andy and family sunday evening for a ruby, a great night.

Good luck with your trip.

Speak to you soon.

Charles

Regards.

FINLAND!!?? NEW BOAT!!?? What's all this John? Do tell.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

He's buying a new 108ft from Finland ...to do or follow in His master's steps or tide...I think he will do well...I have booked the first trip...also got some places when he says to the Med for Tuna trips..these are in summer/autumn/winter etc...these sort of trips which he want's to do could be faulting and love all in a way..unless we find some one with the edge...wheres Ken

Mr Mallette has gone official, he's the new ?temporary? second mate on the NE Guardian III.

The NE Guardian III is the new inshore fisheries patrol boat for the NESFC, which has been built in Finland, launched on the 9th October and currently undergoing sea trials, her new crew have gone out to familiarise themselves with the vessel.

Guest challenge
Mr Mallette has gone official, he's the new ?temporary? second mate on the NE Guardian III.

The NE Guardian III is the new inshore fisheries patrol boat for the NESFC, which has been built in Finland, launched on the 9th October and currently undergoing sea trials, her new crew have gone out to familiarise themselves with the vessel.

Thanks for that doc, :D since you have blown my cover and told the world what I now do, I will have to say good bye to all on here as I would not like to cause any sort of conflict of interests.

it been great talking to you all, the debates have sometimes been just a tad confrontational, but that’s what debate is all about.

Hope to see you soon doc.

Regards to all.