Hayling Island Fishing

Elton

Posted on behalf of Gerry. Please add all replies to this thread:

I am planning to go fishing on Hayling Island this Saturday 08 Set 07. I have read a lot about Eastoke Corner. As I am new to beach fishing, appreciate if someone could give me some advise on baits etc.

Thanking you in anticipation

Gerry

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

ive fished langstone which is just off hayling island and i use a running ledger with a size 2/0 hook and caught a fair few bass there i was using rag worm

Edited by carphead07

mike finlay the carpinator

Carpy ... what you on about?

ive fished langstone which is just off hayling island and i use a running ledger with a size 2/0 hook and caught a fair few bass there i was using rag worm

Langstone is a small hamlet near Havant (by the bridge as you come on to the island).

Langstone Harbour separates Portsea Island from Hayling Island.

Langstone Run is a short stretch of water at the Harbour mouth.

Regarding Eastoke (where I live) have a look at:

http://www.total-fishing.co.uk/FisheriesVi...3624FD96A342F15

'Colditz' is to the east and 'Coastguard Lookout' is to the west of the main Eastoke Car Park.

There's a tackle shop in West Town (up Beach Rd from the Fun Fair and left at 'The Barleymow' pub; Paige's Tackle faces you 300m on).

Now the fishing and bait ....

Clean ground over sand from Groynes 30 - 10 going east from the car park. They all fish the same.

HW on Sat 10.10 & 22.27hrs.

Forget the daytime except for mackerel and tiny bream as the sun is going to be shining and the water gin clear.

After dark .... smoothies have gone (except for 'pups'). Your best bet is half a mackerel or head and guts fished 30' out in a quiet groyne away from the Car Park (decent bass).

At distance and using 'match gear' expect the usual miniature bream, schoolies and scad (worm, mackerel and squid).

From now on there's an outside chance of a small codling - these have been showing in matches all year.

Personally, I'm off to Dengemarsh in Kent on Saturday!!!!!!

:fishing:

Edited by H.A.

Received this the other day:

Hello,

I posted a question on fishing Hayling Island this Saturday and got prompt responses from both CarpHead07 and HA. I would like to thank both of them and will follow HA’s advice and fish ‘Colditz’ this Saturday.....

Please convey my big thank you to both CarpHead07 and HA.

Gerry is having problems posting, so i'll try to sort that now.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Fished 'Colditz' area last night.

Blitzed it with large, tipped worm baits at distance (the 'coddies' are coming!) ..... small smuts, bream and 3 of these Murrets-rose'.

Not big, but oooohhh so perty!

We need a 'blow' soon to clear out the summer cobwebs!

redmullet2.jpg

:rolleyes:

Fished 'Colditz' area last night.

Blitzed it with large, tipped worm baits at distance (the 'coddies' are coming!) ..... small smuts, bream and 3 of these Murrets-rose'.

Not big, but oooohhh so perty!

We need a 'blow' soon to clear out the summer cobwebs!

redmullet2.jpg

:clap2: And very tasty too. :clap2:

colditz?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

COLDITZ ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A block of flats which looks like this (around Groyne 23; hence the derived name Stalag 23 when talking of the groyne where I caught 'Clarissa'!) .....

colditz2.jpg

See:

http://www.total-fishing.co.uk/FisheriesVi...3624FD96A342F15

Clarissa?

clarissa.jpg

my sons fishing down there tonight near 23ish ,i have pulled a muscle in my chest otherwise i would be with him :(

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson