Made in China ?

teebee

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Sep 9 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->:clap2: Shakespeare started their factory there over 10 years ago and it's well run and the quality control is as good as here. Penn moved a lot of their production over to there a few years ago and although they had quality control problems to begin with they are now sorted. Now that Pure Fishing, Penn and Shakespeare (K2) are all under the same ownership I would assume that the majority, if not all production will move to China in the next few years. All the machinery will work over there, they just need the quality staff, which they have between them now. So let's see if we notice the difference, I don't think we will. :clap2:

Must agree Norm B, quality shall be OK and prices remain unchanged further swelling the coffers of Shakespeare and Co. with no benefit to the angler. :wallbash:

Have you not noticed the cost of these reels have been getting cheaper and cheaper on the net sites, even me now owns one.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Sep 9 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->:clap2: Shakespeare started their factory there over 10 years ago and it's well run and the quality control is as good as here. Penn moved a lot of their production over to there a few years ago and although they had quality control problems to begin with they are now sorted. Now that Pure Fishing, Penn and Shakespeare (K2) are all under the same ownership I would assume that the majority, if not all production will move to China in the next few years. All the machinery will work over there, they just need the quality staff, which they have between them now. So let's see if we notice the difference, I don't think we will. :clap2:

"Must agree Norm B, quality shall be OK and prices remain unchanged further swelling the coffers of Shakespeare and Co. with no benefit to the angler." :wallbash:

:clap2: I beg to differ there, prices have either gone down or you get more for the same money or better quality and in some cases, all 3. I can't believe the price and quality of some of my tackle now and if it didn't say "Made in China" on the label I wouldn't know it was. A few years ago a quality rod or reel would cost one or two weeks wages, now it's a couple of days wages and no lesser quality.:clap2:

Bought two new reels for the kayak this year, one a Mitchell, the other a Shakespear, both showing signs of corrosion after a few trips, washed in fresh water etc after use as usual.

Crap metal, made in china, no quality any more.

I would rather pay a fair price for a quality product.

Everyone wants stuff for next to nothing. Well, we are now paying the price. Where a reel would last a lifetime, they now last a year.

Bought two new reels for the kayak this year, one a Mitchell, the other a Shakespear, both showing signs of corrosion after a few trips, washed in fresh water etc after use as usual.

Crap metal, made in china, no quality any more.

I would rather pay a fair price for a quality product.

Everyone wants stuff for next to nothing. Well, we are now paying the price. Where a reel would last a lifetime, they now last a year.

:clap2: But was it a sea reel. I know anglers that pick up a carp reel for bass fishing and then complain when it corrodes. ABU 65's are really salmon reels and were not intended for salt water fishing, although they last quite well if looked after. At the end of the day we do tend to get what we pay for but quality has still got cheaper. Shimano TLD's have got cheaper, not because they're now made in China but because of the competition from China. So quality is available for less money if you look. :clap2:

Penn Long Beach and Seaboy series reels which are now made in China are no cheaper (pricewise) than when they were "Made with pride in the USA" Penn must be benfiting from the differential in labour costs, it's certainly not the angler. :angry:

Safety habits last a lifetime.

I have a great faith in the ability of the Asian Manufacturers ....

I've got to! 95% of my tackle was made in Japan!

All the same, I'm not sure I'll be placing orders for the 'Fly Rod Noodle' actually marketed with the following 'blurb':

WELCOME TO **** SPORTS in KOREA! This is Mr. ### of **** SPORTS in KOREA **** SPORTS is manufacture of fishing ROD & HOOKS and trading company.

We have been doing 7years as an exporter of fishing ROD and HOOKS and all kind of fishing goods. If you are interested in importing fishing equipment. Please, let us know your detail information. We are going to do any kind of business with you.

It was my big presure to know you and hope to make the first step for the steady and progressive relationship through this chance for the mutual benefit in the future. forward to seeing your inquiry soon.

Now if that isn't enough for you, Mr ### also recommends these other products from his company ....

SPA Incensing therapeutics hou

Solid Color Frisbee

Solid Tip and Float Bar

Solid Color Frisbee

SPA ultra red body slimming ho

SPA ULTRARED SPACE HOUSE

Spare parts for maintenance

SPIRIT SOCCER BALL

BADMINTON BACKETS BAT

047 SNL6B three-function pisto

Solid colour Frisbee

Soccer ball top grade

Dart

MINI CHOPPER

FS-6010 Titanium Microsargical

Single-Cylinder Gasoline Scoot

Lateral Thigh Trainer

Two-using Rods

I guess with his predisposition towards sales of solid colour Frisbees and

We have been doing 7years as an exporter of fishing ROD and HOOKS, it might not be worth the risk of a large initial order!!!

Anyway - WOT, NO CUDDLY TOYS???

I'm sticking with Lexus, Daiwa and Shimano;

sorry Mr ###!!!!

:bye1:

I have a great faith in the ability of the Asian Manufacturers ....

I've got to! 95% of my tackle was made in Japan!

All the same, I'm not sure I'll be placing orders for the 'Fly Rod Noodle' actually marketed with the following 'blurb':

Now if that isn't enough for you, Mr ### also recommends these other products from his company ....

SPA Incensing therapeutics hou

Solid Color Frisbee

Solid Tip and Float Bar

Solid Color Frisbee

SPA ultra red body slimming ho

SPA ULTRARED SPACE HOUSE

Spare parts for maintenance

SPIRIT SOCCER BALL

BADMINTON BACKETS BAT

047 SNL6B three-function pisto

Solid colour Frisbee

Soccer ball top grade

Dart

MINI CHOPPER

FS-6010 Titanium Microsargical

Single-Cylinder Gasoline Scoot

Lateral Thigh Trainer

Two-using Rods

I guess with his predisposition towards sales of solid colour Frisbees and

We have been doing 7years as an exporter of fishing ROD and HOOKS, it might not be worth the risk of a large initial order!!!

Anyway - WOT, NO CUDDLY TOYS???

I'm sticking with Lexus, Daiwa and Shimano;

sorry Mr ###!!!!

:bye1:

:clap2: Come on, where's your sense of adventure? :clap2: