Massive Bass

Norrie

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great fish. Well done for returning it but try not stuffing your fist up its gills :( not the best way for a long and happy life :(

If you look at it again you will see he is holding it's gill cover, not as you suggest "stuffing his fist up it's gills" :2:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

We are fishing in a 100 ft of water. Are the Bass likely to be feeding on the bottom are chasing the joey mackerel about

We have a few deep bass marks like that - 90-130ft deep. They're mostly big gravel banks, but some are hard, virtually flat ground with the odd bit of reef up to 3ft high - the sort of ground you can drift over and only lose the odd hook but never any weights. We normally fish them on big springs (3.5knots drift) hard on the bottom with livebaits, but sometimes the fish will herd the bait up in the water at which time you can get them spinning up, or if the gannets are diving then probably by trolling big deep diving plugs. The bass we get are often stuffed with 2-4" long scad.

Hope that helps!

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Ian B I think its time you started targeting these fish. :)

And I think you are right :thumbs: :thumbs:

We have a few deep bass marks like that - 90-130ft deep. They're mostly big gravel banks, but some are hard, virtually flat ground with the odd bit of reef up to 3ft high - the sort of ground you can drift over and only lose the odd hook but never any weights. We normally fish them on big springs (3.5knots drift) hard on the bottom with livebaits, but sometimes the fish will herd the bait up in the water at which time you can get them spinning up, or if the gannets are diving then probably by trolling big deep diving plugs. The bass we get are often stuffed with 2-4" long scad.

Hope that helps!

H Toerag

Thanks for the info. I will certainly give it a go

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk