distance casting

lyons

Lyons, That is the way to LEARN!!!!! They others have given you sound advice and also a train of thought. You will need to apply this information and Pratice most of all. Additionally, you should note that all the fish are not 200-500 yards out!!!!!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lyons, That is the way to LEARN!!!!! They others have given you sound advice and also a train of thought. You will need to apply this information and Pratice most of all. Additionally, you should note that all the fish are not 200-500 yards out!!!!!

HOPPY4

thanks hoopy cant wait to get some distance at the moment i am hitting about 60yds with 3oz.i go on the field at the back of my house ,i just have to watch the dog walkers. oh and some of the chiks give me a funny look with me tackle out on a field. :clap2:

Shore fishing,,,,, the fish come in on the tide to eat the stuff thats been left about at low tide ,,my old man said that 40years ago ,,,,& after spending sh*t loads of money on long range casting gear , i think he was right ,ive had fish this year 20yds out ,, trouble is fishings so crapp now theres no patern to follow ,,,it just seems to be lucky or not now,,,

Edited by groyne bandit

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

OK GB, but Mark J. and I just got back from a sesh having taken 14 codling between us (best 2-8-0) and all at 100 - 150 yds range.

codling2709071.jpg

Sometimes it pays off ....

:rolleyes:

Edited by H.A.

Sometimes it pays off ....

Exactly, and there is no law that says because someone CAN cast 150 yards he HAS to.

Back in the days of hundredweight bags of cod at Dungeness, the technique was to start by banging one rig out as far as possible, and just lobbing the other about 30 yards.

Sometimes only the distance rig would catch, so you would then put both rigs out at maximum distance. Anyone who couldn't make the distance would blank.

........but other times (especially those times after a blow when the strandline was littered with slipper limpet and black lug) the cod would be close in. If they WERE close in, you could be set for a big bag (simple ergonomics - winding a fish in 30 yards is quicker than winding it in 150 so the cod would be landed, and your bait back out there that much sooner) In fact, when the cod were close in and feeding well, you really only had time to operate one rod! I've seen second rods dragged down the beach whilst the angler was landing a cod on the first one :rolleyes:

So the further you can cast, the more options you have.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Continuing the Thursday night sesh ...

we both had some 'doubles' ......

codlingmark2809.jpg

codlingada2009.jpg

I hope folks put the smaller ones back .... the water was gin clear last night and it was great to see them swim off.

We kept two or three each for dinner (deep-hooked ones).

:drunk:

Nice tasters then!!!!!

I should bruddy say so.

HID works all week in the City (poor dear) while I'm out fishun'!

So, cooked her a version of a Portugese fish stew tonight with chunks of bass, cod and prawns with garlic, celery, onion, tomatoes, paprika and potatoes in white wine and finished with an Admirals salute of dark West Indian rum!

:wiggle:

when i was younger ( 50 now ) i could whump a lead the obligatory 100 yds no problem with a diawa moonraker n multiplier using the old yarmouth back cast .now after having a 3 way heart bypass and not having a stable ribcage i can only chuck it 50-65 with fixed spool.daft as it may seem i found im catching fish on that mark more than trying to wak it out as far as i could and hurting myself to boot . as its said the fish will be where they want 10 ft in or 200 yrds out . its in the lap of the gods not your casting arm :thumbs:

your only dead when folks forget you

when i was younger ( 50 now ) i could whump a lead the obligatory 100 yds no problem with a diawa moonraker n multiplier using the old yarmouth back cast .now after having a 3 way heart bypass and not having a stable ribcage i can only chuck it 50-65 with fixed spool.daft as it may seem i found im catching fish on that mark more than trying to wak it out as far as i could and hurting myself to boot . as its said the fish will be where they want 10 ft in or 200 yrds out . its in the lap of the gods not your casting arm :thumbs:

your only dead when folks forget you