Mallorca

Westie

Just back from a fortnight in Mallorca. Bonfires on my desk at work. Knackered. 500+ photos to sort through.

Just a small selection of what can only be described as holiday snapshots for you to look at. No real time to compose shots or think about the photo/settings - all handheld, point, shoot and then run after my daughter before she caused mayhem! LOL.

A beautiful island if you stay away from the crowds...

Weather was patchy, but food, wine and company were excellent.

A fairly typical view from a stunning setting. Very hazy day - on a clear day, it could have been a belter for sunset or sunrise.

Mallorca1.jpg

My daughter Pippa getting away from the dining table at a local restaurant, set inside a beautiful open courtyard setting

Mallorca2.jpg

Our nextdoor neighbour - a stellar guy - we got by with shouts of "Hola" and "Gracias". He kept us in fresh fruit and homegrown vegetables for pretty much the whole fortnight. I wish I could have conversed with him better, but my Spanish is limited.

Mallorca3.jpg

The view from our garden at the villa. Bit of a moody day weather wise, but perfectly tranquil every day.

Mallorca4.jpg

A foray into a small village called Bunyola - sitting out in the main square, relaxing with a lunchtime beer.

Mallorca5.jpg

Also in Bunyola - looking toward the hills in the early afternoon.

Mallorca6.jpg

Common here, common there, but lovely all the same. Not to eat, mind.

Mallorca7.jpg

This lovely bright little fella followed me round the pool. It liked the butterflies that you've just seen, alot. He had quite an appetite.

Mallorca8.jpg

Hedges full of these. No idea what they are...

Mallorca9.jpg

Porto Cristo - another good lunch at a seafood restaurant - the freshly caught fish was superb.

Mallorca10.jpg

Edited by Westie

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

hi westie...nice pics...the flowers are called"lantana" do a google and you will get pictures.

they come in all colours, the best known is red and yellow, and known as "la bandera"(the spanish flag)

the best time to get plant pictures is may, the are a lot of wild orchids, this year was brilliant as we had rain at exactly the right time to get them flowering.

im not on the island,but on the mainland nearby(16 minutes flight time from alicante!)

wonderful scenery, going to start the mountain walking in a week or two.

cheers dave.

hi westie...nice pics...the flowers are called"lantana" do a google and you will get pictures.

they come in all colours, the best known is red and yellow, and known as "la bandera"(the spanish flag)

the best time to get plant pictures is may, the are a lot of wild orchids, this year was brilliant as we had rain at exactly the right time to get them flowering.

im not on the island,but on the mainland nearby(16 minutes flight time from alicante!)

wonderful scenery, going to start the mountain walking in a week or two.

cheers dave.

Thanks for the info, Dave.

A beautiful island and we will definitely go back in future years. Good luck with the mountain walking - if the mountain roads are anything like those in Mallorca, walking is a better bet than driving. Had one pleasant experience trying to pass a coach, with wing mirrors pulled in and my dad leaning out of the window to tell me that I had only a couple of inches of tarmac to play with, before the car would follow gravity down a pretty steep slope into a ravine 50-60 feet below. Not much fun when you've got the whole of your family in the car and you are behind the wheel. Certain muscles of mine have never contracted to that degree before. :lol:

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

TowardsAlbiratdawnfromBolulla.jpgwe stick to mountain tracks that were sometimes made by the arabs in the 1200s.still in good condition, and sometimes unused by other people for years.we see all sorts of wildlife, and because we try and be on the mountain just before dawn,views like the picture.the silence is amazing......its a beautiful place here.FromroadaboveMoli.jpga view at dawn on a walk near my house.taken by my walking partner pete.

Good to see you're back, Westie. The Grundisburgh Dog was wondering how it would survive without the proceeds of the one pint a month that you buy in here :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

One pint a month? You're kidding me. Last time I went in there, Star Wars Episode IV was just screening and I was still wearing shorts.

Westie.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Some nice shots here Westie. :thumbs:

Good to see more of the world through our members photos, and how the other half live !! :P

Thanks for sharing .. :lol:

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.