Yet More Royal Mail Strikes

Elton

Guest sandpipper

Ive just got an email from someone on ebay

Dear Sirs Many thanks for your purchase from either:- 2007marine-12vmarinewww.ridethewaves.co.uk We wish to inform you that unfortunately, as from Wednesday 3rd October until Wednesday 10th October there is an offical UK Nationwide Royal Mail postal strike. Usually our post gets collected on a daily basis. We have been advised to take all post to our local Post Office. Please note that the Post Office will NOT be processing any parcels until the strike ends. Royal Mail have informed us that goods will still be delayed after the strike due to the huge backlog. All overseas orders will also be affected. Any goods to be despatched by courier will be collected, despatched and delivered as normal. Please note we run an automatic sales order processing system. As the orders are received and printed off, the Buyer is automatically sent a 'goods despatched email'. Please note this means that the goods have been despatched from us but are awaiting Royal Mail to despatch after the strike. As a Company, we apologise for any inconvenience this postal strike will cause to us all. DIRECTOR WALTON INDUSTRIES LTD

WHY THE HELL ARE THEY USING A COMPANY THATS ON STRIKE.

I think i`ll email him to ask why.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY THE HELL ARE THEY USING A COMPANY THATS ON STRIKE.

I think i`ll email him to ask why.

I had to get a cd sent to north london, normal RM cost less than one pound, courier 22 pound and that was a cheap one.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I hate it when Ebay sellers don't use RM. I'm hardly ever in when deliveries arrive so I always end up collecting them myself. That means a two minute journey to the post office or a 40 mile round trip to my "local" DHL office. I know which I prefer!

I think the post office workers are completely in the right. I have a couple of mates who are postmen and the only reason they took that job was the flexibility it offered them, get up very early, work hard and finish by lunchtime. Both have other work that they do in the afternoons and I expect if RM management dig their heels in they will just pack in the post and work for themselves full time.

I hate it when Ebay sellers don't use RM. I'm hardly ever in when deliveries arrive so I always end up collecting them myself. That means a two minute journey to the post office or a 40 mile round trip to my "local" DHL office. I know which I prefer!

I think the post office workers are completely in the right. I have a couple of mates who are postmen and the only reason they took that job was the flexibility it offered them, get up very early, work hard and finish by lunchtime. Both have other work that they do in the afternoons and I expect if RM management dig their heels in they will just pack in the post and work for themselves full time.

a little known fact is that royal mail introduced job and finish for delivery post persons as the carrot to bring in the single daily delivery(Alan Leighton recommendation),now they are trying to have their cake and eat it.a lot of posties come in early before their start times to finish early and feel that they are being taken advantage of.if royal mail get their way you will find posties will take there time ,take there alloted breaks (which the majority don't) and people will get their mail later.also as royal mail want delivery postman to start later they will lose their early shift allowance after three years (pay protection)and will lose approximately 12/15 pounds)whilst doing the same job.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

colin payne i would suggest that you join a union if you feel aggrieved at your working conditions .all posties are trying to do is protect what they have now as you would do.we are facing potential losses in our pension scheme ,loss of payments on door to doors which boosts the average wage.i have no problem going along with change,which will happen but im not losing money to finance it.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Colin Payne - I was talking to my (now sadly retired) postie who told me this:

This is not about money, this is about the "improved" working hours. Most of the postmen are younger people with families, and children need to be cared for. With the low salary they are paid, most of them have come to an arrangement with family and friends.

Now with this new contract, if the office manager decides he needs help, he will summarily tell postmen that they must work an extra two hours UNPAID overtime THAT day.

Yes they will get time off in lieu, BUT that is at the whim of the same manager who can turn round and say that they are quiet that day, so take your hours off now. NO NOTICE FOR EITHER!!!

how long are the families looking after the kids going to stand for that!

Could YOU work like that??

The GPO are telling the staff to carry on with strikes "as the public will soon be on OUR side" when they lose patience.

Support your posties!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Colin Payne - I was talking to my (now sadly retired) postie who told me this:

This is not about money, this is about the "improved" working hours. Most of the postmen are younger people with families, and children need to be cared for. With the low salary they are paid, most of them have come to an arrangement with family and friends.

Now with this new contract, if the office manager decides he needs help, he will summarily tell postmen that they must work an extra two hours UNPAID overtime THAT day.

Yes they will get time off in lieu, BUT that is at the whim of the same manager who can turn round and say that they are quiet that day, so take your hours off now. NO NOTICE FOR EITHER!!!

how long are the families looking after the kids going to stand for that!

Could YOU work like that??

The GPO are telling the staff to carry on with strikes "as the public will soon be on OUR side" when they lose patience.

Support your posties!!

Don't worry they won't have to work under those conditions for much longer, because the union on behalf of its members will ensure that the Post Office will not survive these walk outs. Of course there has to be new working practises brought in to allow any business to compete, if that means time off in lieu instead of pay then so be it. it is about time that these strikes should be made illegal in such an important service as post.

i rely on payment for my work via the post, as do many other small business. i cant nip down to the post office to get paid, so get back to work I say. and if you don't want to I am sure many would be happy to take your place.

colin payne i would suggest that you join a union if you feel aggrieved at your working conditions .all posties are trying to do is protect what they have now as you would do.we are facing potential losses in our pension scheme ,loss of payments on door to doors which boosts the average wage.i have no problem going along with change,which will happen but im not losing money to finance it.

Lets get something straight, at no time have I said I feel aggrieved at my working conditions. As I have said in an earlier post I feel aggrieved about people who seem to do a lot less hours than me for more money but are never satisfied with their lot.

I drive a coach. I quite enjoy driving a coach and the money is ok for my needs.We all could do with a bit more on the lower end of the scale but I'm not going to walk out over it. In my job I walk in on a Monday morning to be given my work tickets for the week which could have any shift or hours involved. In fact none of it could be called a shift, it is totally fluid. One day may be 6.30-5.30 with anything and anywhere in between, other days may finish later,start earlier......anything! I accept this as part of the job and it is one of the elements I enjoy, very variable. But........some weeks I walk in and it's straight days(usually when schools on holiday) and no overtime so basic pay. Now most coach drivers are in the same boat but we just get on with it. A lot of us are married with kids and just get on with it, all hours, we just get on with it! If I want a pension I finance it my self, nobody helps me or guarantees anything. Only some of the bigger companies have schemes. As I have said..........we just get on with it!

On another note, if these guys get in so early and finish early how come I don't get my post until after 11am. You could say that I'm on the end of the route, well then I must have been on the end of the route for all of the 5-6 times I've moved in the last 15 years!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

The only thing I can say is this:

It would appear that the post office is going to be run down as all I read is "give the opposition a go"

Right let them, by all means "have a go", but remember this, they are commercial operations that are there (quite rightly) to make a profit. THEY COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT PRIVATE LETTERS!!! What will happen is that there will be a POST OFFICE BOX NUMBER somewhere near (within 3-5 miles) you. The personal mail will be delivered there and they will have somone (hopefully) to sort it.

You will be required to attend this "box number" at a regular basis as if you don't, your mail may just go "missing". Your daily delivery of mail, no matter how bad, will cease to exist.

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription