alarmreel006.jpg

alarmreel004.jpg

all paper work with alarm and two vaines for the alarm wheel

the reel is a Fladen

alarmreel001.jpg

alarmreel002.jpg

both work ok

Edited by les middy

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

I had a set of those alarms, sold 'em on e-bay. Vaguely remember that I got fifthteen quid. As for the reel, best use it as I doubt that you will get much. Its cack handed, its a closed face baitcaster, its scratched, it not really a pike weight reel and Fladden, although very good, is not a make to be seen on the bank with, might be worth a fiver, on a good day.

Edited by Peter Waller

I had a set of those alarms, sold 'em on e-bay. Vaguely remember that I got fifthteen quid. As for the reel, best use it as I doubt that you will get much. Its cack handed, its a closed face baitcaster, its scratched, it not really a pike weight reel and Fladden, although very good, is not a make to be seen on the bank with, might be worth a fiver, on a good day.

also picked up in the same box two sets of bread punches, 3 cattys, spool holder for relining a reel and 4 small fox adjustable bank

sticks

so going on the prices above i think i got a bargain for £5.00 the lot :D

Certainly did Les!! Fancy working on commission do ya?? :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Certainly did Les!! Fancy working on commission do ya?? :P

yeh why not ;)

what you got in mind :g:

Wow, the optonics bring back some memories! I doubt they're worth anything, not sure about the reel though.

God I hated my optonics, I'll pay a fiver to stamp on them. Seriously though, as much better alarms are now really cheap they can't be worth much.

Rich

In their day they were the dogs you know wots though! Anyone who was into the big fish thing back then will tell you that! You should have fished with Herons and BJ's.The Optonic was the father of all modern roller wheel type buzzers so show some respect!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!