dead fish

dapper64

Looks to me like the comics trying to create more controversy - and it looks like it's working. I wonder how many of the outraged people eat intensively farmed meat or wear clothes from 3rd world sweatshops?

Hmmm.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

One or two of the Pike, fine as they look about the right sort of size. The Perch are too small to be worthwhile and the Bream!!! No thanks to eating bream, I inadvertantly tried bream in Czechslovakia and it tasted like vaugely fishy/earthy, damp cotton wool. An unpleasent eating experience....

It's wrong to try people without the full facts or an understanding of the situation and location. But it dosn't look too right or very proffesionally done to me.

I have lots of photos like that at home,

When I lived in Sweden it was common to take fish home for tea.

I will add that I myself never did but many of the friends I fished with did and quite often a photo was taken. Sometimes the fish I caught were taken by friends. Pike, Zander and perch were favorites but bream were taken (if caught in clean rivers) occasionally

I wonder if I left those photos hanging around if people would jump to the same conclusion that it must be in the UK.

I don't have a problem with taking fish for the pot as long as it is done with-in the law and with a sensible approach to sustainable fish stocks.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

I don't know how to transfer pictures to the forum ,one of the other pictures shows a pike still dangling on the hook bleeding from its gills and another one shows a man posing with a rod in one hand and a decent chub in the other.The pictures are on a digital camera found on the bank of the great ouse.It says that the fish were caught and killed on two stretches on the river belonging to Luton angling club and several other unknown venues,it also so states that under current by-laws which, in the anglian region allow two fish of each species to be removed each day, so these culprits could possibly be within thier rights.Is it a bad thing reading the angling times? I didn't realise how many anglers don't read it.

If you look at the actual circulation figures of Angling Times:

http://www.emap.com/press-office-item.asp?Resource=2578

they say that the figures are up by 12% to approximately 67 000. Anglers Mail is about 36 000. Then if you look at the stated amount of anglers, which is about 4 000 000, it's plain to see that in fact all but a few anglers vote with their wallets and don't buy into the "weekly merry-go-round" of half truths, spurious claims and general cobblers talked about, by the angling weeklies.

Of course, it'd be wrong to say that everything in those two publications is incorrect, but the ratio of "Interesting fact" to "Fictitious, Speculative, or Sensationalist" reporting, makes it more than worthwhile to save yourself the quid or so.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

As an ex member of Luton Angling Club ( i moved) I remember quite clearly that in the rules it stated that no fish are to be removed or moved from any waters controlled by Luton AC and as far as i'm aware virtually every club in the land has similar rules. So this should be treat as an act of fish THEFT and if the comics aren't saying this fact then they are infact guilty by association.

Edited by terry t shirt

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.