a good couple of days

take it the first skate had been gaffed by an idiot

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Hiya, Fame at last eh!!!! As Davy says, we watched it in the club last night over a beer or nine.... I do really look good on the screen tho', dont you think !!!!! :D:P:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Lets hope its not taken up by the Discovery channel. Uncle Norrie would become impossible if he gets TOO famous ;-)

You coming up next summer Norrie? If you are desperate to bring your own boat I am sure we can find you a co-skipper to help sail it up from Scrabster without paying a small fortune for trailer costs on two ferries.

Bob

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed the video, it was taken after asking the skipper first and just worked out well :0

Following the response and comments here I am prepared to put the original dvi footage direct to dvd ( better quality :) )

No titles ..no edit ..just as it was shot! And good quality. If you want a copy just pm me an address and I will post it to you.

Bob ...you will get first copy :)

Its funny how you rent a website for 5 years with unlimited acccess...when I posted this vid they have sent me a bill for "excess bandwidth usage"...sod em ...sue me! :)

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Just a few other comments reading the posts..

Simon...skate fishing is boring as far as a spectator sport goes...doing it is another matter!. Dont knock it till you have tried it and hopefully hooked one!

Kennyc...I asked before filming ...I heard that cameras are frowned on ...and I was on my own boat at the time ...well at least some of it! :)

Chappers..I am rapidly learning you cant keep norrie out of anything !

C T.

quote:

posted 16 July, 2005 08:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with that gear you could land a jumbo jet!!

When you hook one it feels like you hooked a jumbo jet! When I first saw the gear I thought the same. But it is horses for courses..as a beginner you think this tackle is ridiculous! but then most would consider a 30lb class rod most suited to landing cod in the 5-10lb bracket here in the ne. Thats gear that is rated to 3 x the weight of the fish you are catching.

Skate fishing involves fishing with 80lb class gear and in the four trips I have had now we have landed fish of 125/155/168/171 and 178 (theres another one I cant remember) thats on average twice the line class you are using. When you have a fish on it realy does seem frail and inadequate. The extra large but pads and harness are not there for show ..they really are needed....and a final point it took me a while to realise is a knife is always placed on the gunnels to cut the line should it be required as they are well capable of towing you straight off the boat.

In my opinion the tackle is evenly matched to the quarry and in most cases the week link is the angler. In my case the fish I landed weighed 8lbs more than I do ! Tackle is just the link ...and I won! :)

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Disc arrived this morning and I even interrupted the cricket to watch it.

I liked the "Strong language" warning and the picture at the end.

Very enjoyable watch especially as I know some of the people involved.

Will let the others see it, I am sure it will get their enthusiasm level up although I notice Mike hasn't invited me to go fishing on his boat since we saw that one the other night and he was drooling over a Veals catalogue the last time I saw him.

Many thanks.

Bob

PS Leon posted a link to a radio play the other day, well worth a listen and you can still hear it online until Sunday. Just follow Leon's link and look for the Monday play.