Weather had been much too dry

Newt

Our dry spell continues and most local lakes are down enough to seriously affect fishing, boating, and any other thing that needs occasional rain.

A lake fairly near me is down far enough that what should be plenty of water to float the dock and boat is now just lots of dry ground. One lake (not these but same general area) had just enough water to launch a boat on the first day of Andy & Budgie's visit but not after and a nice venue for carping saw some water but no bites and we suspect the fish headed toward deeper parts of the lake from fear & confusion at their usual haunts being much more shallow than normal.

32.jpg

31.jpg

Luckily there is one good lake near me that is kept near full pool so plenty of water for next week when Den visits and the temps are finally dropping to nearer normal for this time of year than the 30s we had until last week.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I've been reading that y'all have been a bit dry down there. I believe it was near Atlanta that they banned outdoor watering and will fine anyone caught doing so. Is it that bad yet in your area?

Ken

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Our dry spell continues and most local lakes are down enough to seriously affect fishing, boating, and any other thing that needs occasional rain.

A lake fairly near me is down far enough that what should be plenty of water to float the dock and boat is now just lots of dry ground. One lake (not these but same general area) had just enough water to launch a boat on the first day of Andy & Budgie's visit but not after and a nice venue for carping saw some water but no bites and we suspect the fish headed toward deeper parts of the lake from fear & confusion at their usual haunts being much more shallow than normal.

32.jpg

31.jpg

Luckily there is one good lake near me that is kept near full pool so plenty of water for next week when Den visits and the temps are finally dropping to nearer normal for this time of year than the 30s we had until last week.

A very sad thing, that dams dry up, whether by over irrigating, or by natural means. The politicians in Australia just sit on their hands and hope things will be better 'next year', instead of doing something concrete, 'this year'. I know that it costs $$$$$$ but it will cost many times more if the cities get parched and salt levels rise, as in Western Australia

http://www.science.org.au/nova/032/032key.htm

and the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA)

http://nla.gov.au/nla.cs-pa-HTTP%253A%252F...TEMPLATE%253DPA

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

A very sad thing, that dams dry up, whether by over irrigating, or by natural means. The politicians in Australia just sit on their hands and hope things will be better 'next year', instead of doing something concrete, 'this year'. I know that it costs $$$$$$ but it will cost many times more if the cities get parched and salt levels rise, as in Western Australia

http://www.science.org.au/nova/032/032key.htm

and the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA)

http://nla.gov.au/nla.cs-pa-HTTP%253A%252F...TEMPLATE%253DPA

Your salt problem reminds me of our own King Canute, he couldn't make the tide go back, but if you could find a market for all that salt............... :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Severus - this entire section of the East Coast is beyond very dry.

We've been on water restrictions for several months now. When we went to South Carolina last week to fish, one major river we crossed was basically rocks with pools of water when usually it is wide and flowing. The numbers below are for where I live.

Year-to-date precip. Actual: 22.19" Normal: 36.07"

Month-to-date precip.Actual: 00.83" Normal: 02.76" (and 0.1 inches of that fell yesterday)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt,

The dry weather aint just on the east coast.....

My cousin who lives in San Diego, has just been evacuated from his newly bought home,.:(..his mother and father live near the Mex border, and have been told NOT to venture out of the house....they wear oxygen masks if they do have to go out, due to the toxins in the air...and have about 6 inches of ash on both the patios,....they have adopted girls of 5 and 7, who think its amazing, they have never seen what they think is snow !!!

Got an email from them yesterday, blaming the Santa Anna winds,and to tell me their friends house north east of Chula Vista , a beautiful house in the hills, which I visited, burnt to the ground last week, so their are folks much worse off than them....but at least they are alive and well, and the horse was saved too........:):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/