something for the centrepin lovers ~adcock stantons are set for a comeback

chavender

New update on Stanton Centre Pin

a new version of the adcock centrepin (under licience) ,Stanton Centrepin reel will once again be available .The reels have undergone many enhancements all approved by Cliff himself (but will be made in america/canada <<wrong !) built in the uk ! after all :thumbs:

http://adcockstanton.com/

<H3 class=first> </H3>New Stanton pics and details...

There are numerous improvements to the classic version.

To name a few:

-100% manufactured, designed, and hand assembled in Great Britain

-High grade aircraft Aluminum

-Solid Reel Foot with recessed solid brass label

-ABEC 5 Precision Bearings

-Dupont Krytox lubrication good down to -60 C/-80 F

-Polished Stainless Steel Shaft

-Quick Release spool

-Ultra low start up maintaining adequate inertia

-Improved clicker mechanism

-4.5" and 5" availability

-6 fantastic Rock Solid Anodizing Colour options

-100% Reel customizing availability and accessories

NJB_1100-1.jpg

NJB_1089-1a.jpg

NJB_1092-1.jpg

NJB_1095-1.jpg

this is looking really good ,I feel a new purchase comming on .

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

An North american company is to make a new version of the adcock centrepin (under licience) ,Stanton Centrepin reel will once again be available . The reels have undergone many enhancements all approved by Cliff . himself but will be made in america/canada .

http://adcockstanton.com/

Looks interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

mantequilla ,don't sweat it ,you'll be first to know (along with everyone else of course) when i find out more info .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

a new version of the adcock centrepin (under licience) ,Stanton Centrepin reel will once again be available .The reels have undergone many enhancements all approved by Cliff himself (but will be made in america/canada <<wrong !) built in the uk ! after all :thumbs:

this is looking really good ,I feel a new purchase comming on .

Mmmmmmm Likewise, most likely black :)

Looks very nice but they mustn't release them for another three months, I can't afford another just yet. Does the reference to bearings mean it's ballraced do you think?

Took the Fred Crouch reel out for its maiden session today and I was surprised at how versatile a true 'pin is. Only had to move the reel away from horizontal to apply as much or as little drag as needed, ballraced reels don't slow down like that. The spool wobbles more than I'd like when stationary but I guess some play is necessary.

Oh and braid makes every fish feel twice as large as it really is so it's staying on.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I'm affraid rusty your one of the afflicted now before you know it you'll own several pins

(ps you'll find you may have to modify your stike to a smoother gentler pull ,rather than a standard snatch affair ,you'll soon get used to the braid and its direct feel )

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

I was quite happy to let my Stanton go. I never could get on with those handles being so far in from the rim of the reel. Not for me a reel to feel precious about. Granted that these new jobs look good, but as a fishing tool I reckon Stantons are well upstaged by the A.N. Pin.