River's?

Ash87

BTW, don't believe everything you hear from people on the bank. I got bored with people telling me there aren't any trout or grayling in there, despite having caught both :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've heard a few of those inverse fishermans tales at various places myself.. The only way to really find out about different waters is to hit the banks!

Exactly. It all depends what tactics and bait you use of course. If you've only ever used maggots or bread at a venue you might swear there aren't any perch in there, for example...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi anderoo and dant

spot on for finding whats there. A lot of anglers are either blindfolded by old reports or narrow minded match anglers that expect nothing when pegged in a particular peg.

As for wrong tactics bait etc some will never know whats there.

My old addage of beleive half what you see and nothing you hear works well for fishing aswell.

River fishing from Bury st edmunds is generally going to involve a little travelling. You have the fens quite close or Norfolk broads. These can be generaly roach/bream or predator perch/pike.

There are upper reaches of rivers and other species but generally not in easily accessible or with club tickets. The suffolk stour and river gipping are different. They come into their own in the winter.

The river around sudbury and long melford is not far from bury and holds some cracking chubb perch roach dace pike carp tench bream and the odd barbel. It can be very hard to fish testing the very best anglers but the fish are there. There are good summer venues aswell for tench and carp.

I fish the broads in the summer and the stour in the winter. I love it its so different from one stretch too another. Deep fishing area's around sudbury or stalking around melford and upper reaches

Day tickets are availeable at sudbury angling or a clubcard with 2 good stillwaters is £50.

I have to admit I am secretary for Sudbury and Long melford angling AA but I do it because I love the fishing here.

If you want more details post here as I will check responses.

best regards

John