Anglers Blues

Andy_1984

what do you do about it :(

im working constantly 9 till 9 i never get in any fishing time not even at weekends its either work or something else. when ever i do manage to get out for a quik session its never the best of places and i always blank or catch 1 scrony little fish.

how do you get back on the horse or pick your spirits up.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

you end up going on sites like these.

Its only going to get worse what with the nights drawing in. i am looking forward to the xmas week when i plan to go to my local easy commercial fishery and plunder the small carp on maggot without any feeling of guilt.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

you end up going on sites like these.

Its only going to get worse what with the nights drawing in. i am looking forward to the xmas week when i plan to go to my local easy commercial fishery and plunder the small carp on maggot without any feeling of guilt.

sounds like a plan. might go target some daft stockies

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Even if you're not fishing, spend as much time by the waters (rivers especially) as you can. The closed season is really good for this. Watch the fish and work out where they like to hang out. Often, fish aren't catchable in daylight, but will be watchable. Then, when the nights draw in, short sessions in swims where you've actually seen fish (but not fished for), will be really productive, I can guarentee it.

It's not practical to do a short (2 hour or less) session, with a lot of gear. Have one rod and reel, a few pre-tied hooks of different sizes, a few small ledgers, and a few floats in a shoulder bag. Take a couple of different strength reel spools of line, say 6 and 8 pounds, if you can have a go at chub. A landing net, mat and lightweight chair should complete the kit.

Apart from the full day sessions I'm lucky enough to fit in, I can usually have three or four very short sessions in the evenings or even on the way to work. It's surprising how well you can do, if you put a bait where you know fish are likely to be.

You don't have to resort to "easy" fish.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

what do you do about it :(

im working constantly 9 till 9 i never get in any fishing time not even at weekends its either work or something else. when ever i do manage to get out for a quik session its never the best of places and i always blank or catch 1 scrony little fish.

how do you get back on the horse or pick your spirits up.

Well this is easy for me to say but don't kill yourself through work. We all need time off. 9 to 9 followed by work at weekends is no good for anyone. Let alone a fisherman!

Try and cut down on your hours if you can. Everyone is entitled to time off.

With the nights getting longer it's hard for most of us to get on the bank so you're not the only one whose suffering!

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Its weekends only for me and only the odd one here and there as i have a full time job and a 4 month old baby at home but i am trying to go at least twice a month. Fortunatly the missus is supportive of my hobby so i dont get complaints, however im finding that i really have to plan well ahead these days.

Connor.

Connor, I found that with a young family I did not want to fish for hours on end. So my fishing revolved around a grabbed hour here, a half hour there and so on. For that a hand full of lures, a baitcasting outfit and unhooking tools meant I could, at the drop of a hat, go fishing. Family picnics tended to be near water!!

Connor, I found that with a young family I did not want to fish for hours on end. So my fishing revolved around a grabbed hour here, a half hour there and so on. For that a hand full of lures, a baitcasting outfit and unhooking tools meant I could, at the drop of a hat, go fishing. Family picnics tended to be near water!!

Sounds like a good tip, with one slight draw back... whenever i try to fish light, because im not very experienced i tend to end up just taking that thingy, and oh i might need this too, and if the off chance that happens... oh i know ill just take the lot so im well prepared :lol: I will eventually try lure fishing for perch and pike but thats something ive never done and would like to go with a more experienced angler on my first try. (not to mention i dont have all the right tackle for lure fishing)

Connor.

........... I will eventually try lure fishing for perch and pike but thats something ive never done and would like to go with a more experienced angler on my first try. (not to mention i dont have all the right tackle for lure fishing)

you really should try it. A decent light spinning rod is about 25 quid, spinners about one to three quid (mepps or ondex), forceps, wire cutters, wire traces, ordinary fixed spool reel with about ten pound line. river or canal perch and small pike, keep moving and as peter said you can nick the odd hour here and there.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/