Perch Size

Barn Owl Boy

It's been my modest goal for some time to catch a 2 lb plus Perch and I think I might have achieved it on the River Nene recently with 5 fish all between 1.5 and 2+ lbs.

I've posted a picture of the largest fish below - click to see larger image. I hope my hand should give some scale?

Question is - is it bigger than two pounds?

Thanks for your help!post-11314-1193769334_thumb.jpg

1 pound 15 and a half oz

only joking :D

i reckon pound and a quarter-pound and a half, unless you have very big hands.

It is a lovely looking fish, but I'm afraid I don't think its a "2".

Rich

It's a cracking fish, congratulations! I wouldn't claim it as a '2', but I would go back asap with a box of lobs and some scales!

The one below was fluked on pike gear from the Thames last year, and I guessed it at about 2lb. There's nothing in the photo to give it any scale which is unhelpful, but it was REALLY fat!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's a cracking fish, congratulations! I wouldn't claim it as a '2', but I would go back asap with a box of lobs and some scales!

You beat me to it!

Good hunting, B.O.B!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

i concur with the rest of the group on pushing 1lb 4oz i am saying this cause 2 weeks ago i caught 1 very much alike and thought it was pushing the 2 lb mark but no it weighed in at 1lb 4oz then at the weekend exactly the same caught 1 similar and said to my mate thats definately bigger then last week and it was it weighed in at 1lb 5oz. sorry mate i really feel for you

tight lines