Just had this little gem

Glenn,

With regard to 15 points of view from different areas of the country , I think you will find the NE is VERY well represented in terms of numbers.

I realise it is not a public meeting but if you have anything you want put over let the person attending know..be it Paul, Myself or Tony.

We are all NE anglers and I for one will happily voice a valid comment as I am sure you know Paul will.

This goes for all the other anglers...find out your local rep and let him now your feelings.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Fastd

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's felt that all you guys from different areas would do better with defra on your own, why not send another fifteen organizations in and split it down even more, that way half of the meetings time will be spent just saying hullo without any business decided. Just like the boat skippers organizations, how many are going. Why cant say the pba go, representing all with one agenda ie, no licences, no bag limits and one lot of anglers go representing all of the uk, i.e. no licences, no bag limits surly defra would get the message then. If you guys from the ne asked the guys from the sw, se, n, w,e, their opinion it will all be the same wouldn't it. This is exactly What defra want, every one split up nicely so one organization will be left to manage all and that will be defra, is that what is wanted.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Barry

The main reason the NFFO was so effective when it comes to reversing decisions like the bass MLS increase is that they are full-time, fully-funded representatives - not part-time volunteers who have to take a day off work to represent their clubs and fellow businessmen, as the charter skippers will be doing. They also know that their members will back them - even if they disagree or it doesn't affect them as individuals.

When RSAs put their hands in their pockets to fund a national organisation to represent all aspects of sea angling, we may arrive at a situation where we can continually drip-feed letters and propaganda to the fishing press, MPs, Defra and the like. The effectiveness of this cannot be under-stated when it comes to influencing what are essentailly political decisions.

Problem is that most anglers either have the heads in the sand or are too suspicious of their counterparts in other parts of the country too get to grips with this issue.

I will be at the meeting on Thursday (representing BASS) and if the guys from the North East have a gripe they want to air, I will give them my support 100%.

Defra know that divided we fall, so a united approach is essential if we are to get the message across that we are pi**ed off with their failure to provide us with their plans for more and bigger fish and their attempts to regulate and manage us in return for nothing, whilst our sport disappears down the swanee.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by steve pitts

If it's felt that all you guys from different areas would do better with defra on your own, why not send another fifteen organizations in and split it down even more, that way half of the meetings time will be spent just saying hullo without any business decided. Just like the boat skippers organizations, how many are going. Why cant say the pba go, representing all with one agenda ie, no licences, no bag limits and one lot of anglers go representing all of the uk, i.e. no licences, no bag limits surly defra would get the message then. If you guys from the ne asked the guys from the sw, se, n, w,e, their opinion it will all be the same wouldn't it. This is exactly What defra want, every one split up nicely so one organization will be left to manage all and that will be defra, is that what is wanted.

Having read something in sea angler a few months ago I noted many of the south coast skippers were in favour of the proposals in the RSA strategy thus coming from a different position to the charter skippers up here. Maybe they were swayed like many by the thought that they were going to benefit from the Bass MLS increase. So maybe their viewpoint will have altered. But if there are lots of groups coming from different angles then that is what needs to be said. If anglers are divided Whats the point in lieing ?

Glenn,

With regard to 15 points of view from different areas of the country , I think you will find the NE is VERY well represented in terms of numbers.

I realise it is not a public meeting but if you have anything you want put over let the person attending know..be it Paul, Myself, Nigel or Tony.

We are all NE anglers and I for one will happily voice a valid comment as I am sure you know Paul and Nigel will.

This goes for all the other anglers...find out your local rep and let him now your feelings.

Cheers

Dave

Hello fastd, there is no point in letting reps no your feelings they have not listened in the past, i have had emails in the past from so called reps saying what they want us or me to do, never once asking us or me what we would like to do, i have returned some of these emails from time to time and going along and spreading the word so to speak for what in the end? bag limits and licenses and jack s**t in return, protected areas will come about anyway in those offshore windmill sites and maybe a few little bass nursery exceptions big deal!! as for a golden mile "dream on" be honest that aint gonna happen is it.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi Barry

The main reason the NFFO was so effective when it comes to reversing decisions like the bass MLS increase is that they are full-time, fully-funded representatives - not part-time volunteers who have to take a day off work to represent their clubs and fellow businessmen, as the charter skippers will be doing. They also know that their members will back them - even if they disagree or it doesn't affect them as individuals.

When RSAs put their hands in their pockets to fund a national organisation to represent all aspects of sea angling, we may arrive at a situation where we can continually drip-feed letters and propaganda to the fishing press, MPs, Defra and the like. The effectiveness of this cannot be under-stated when it comes to influencing what are essentailly political decisions.

Problem is that most anglers either have the heads in the sand or are too suspicious of their counterparts in other parts of the country too get to grips with this issue.

I will be at the meeting on Thursday (representing BASS) and if the guys from the North East have a gripe they want to air, I will give them my support 100%.

Defra know that divided we fall, so a united approach is essential if we are to get the message across that we are pi**ed off with their failure to provide us with their plans for more and bigger fish and their attempts to regulate and manage us in return for nothing, whilst our sport disappears down the swanee.

Cheers

Steve

Thank you Steve for telling it how it is. I agree with what you have posted. I think the amount of money spent in the rsa sector, it would be a pittance for the rsa to keep a full time org representing their wants and needs. Why can't defra put money into the rsa sector as well like it does commercially, for the return would be massive in comparison. Not sure but many of the rsa will realise too late what is going to happen and the constraint that will be put on them by defra and at what cost. Until this bass issue happend i was not sure of opinion of the rsa uk, now i am, it is divided, full of not in our back yard, it don't affect us why bother, suspicions, mistrust and sayings like 'i knew it wouldn't get far'. United approach, i would like to see it but can't see it happening.

Could you point us in the direction of that article in the sea angler Glennk, it certainly would be interesting as it wasn't the impression i had. FWIW the bass issue for me wasn't for what the rsa would get out of it but for the bass stock it self.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry,

I dont see rsa as been divided but if you speak to the guys on the piers and beaches up this way they do feel that the rules are made down south without any thought of this region. I dont see this as a split in any way ...just a difference of priorities. I would ( and have ) support measures for bass despite the fact that the only place I have ever seen one is on a fishmongers slab. Ithink a lot of NE anglers would say the same...or they may have had the odd one at the one or two hotspots we have.

This region is different to others but this does not mean we want to be treated seperately ...its just a case of Defra being aware we exist.

I am going as the SOS rep...not exactly a common species here in the NE...but my chosen target on most fishing trips I make.

The whole idea of the meeting is to get opinions from many different sectors and regions. One of the most encouraging things is the number of people invited to attend has doubled since the last meeting. That can only be good news for RSA's.

Stavey,

I cant comment about the reps you have contacted, but I do know what I do if I get a comment from someone ...I act on it and provide feedback. Sometimes that feedback may be very slow but an answer is given eventually.

Cheers

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Barry,

I dont see rsa as been divided but if you speak to the guys on the piers and beaches up this way they do feel that the rules are made down south without any thought of this region. I dont see this as a split in any way ...just a difference of priorities. I would ( and have ) support measures for bass despite the fact that the only place I have ever seen one is on a fishmongers slab. Ithink a lot of NE anglers would say the same...or they may have had the odd one at the one or two hotspots we have.

This region is different to others but this does not mean we want to be treated seperately ...its just a case of Defra being aware we exist.

I am going as the SOS rep...not exactly a common species here in the NE...but my chosen target on most fishing trips I make.

The whole idea of the meeting is to get opinions from many different sectors and regions. One of the most encouraging things is the number of people invited to attend has doubled since the last meeting. That can only be good news for RSA's.

Dave

Many thanks for that Dave, unfortunatly what finally endeared me to the rsa being divided was the goverment dumps topic.

I'm not sure that the meeting is a good thing for the rsa in general, could it be defra sounding out the reps with regards to thier main objective and that is to govern the rsa. When that happens it will turn out to be a slippery slope. Again don't forget how many jobs and the value that the rsa has already put into the economy before defra starts to interfere with it, that is my great concern.Apart from more and bigger fish the rsa ain't broke, yet. No one can really say that they are going to be good for the rsa can they? Why do they want to govern the rsa?