night session disappointment

carphead07

hi all fishermen

i went night fishing on Saturday night it was dry and cold and we didn't catch

we was using carp rods and bit alarms, we used a semi fixed korda shock leader

with tooti fruity and halibut boilies with trout and halibut pellets as ground bait using a pva bag

the lake is called soak pond in Portsmouth http://www.portsmouthdas.co.uk/Soake%20Pond.htm

its a lake full of weed and packed full of tench

theres a number of big carp up to 30lb and the carp population is increasing

now i need help on why i didn't catch if you have any suggestion then please Write back

thanx mike finlay

Edited by carphead07

mike finlay the carpinator

Mike I dont know the water in question so cant really offer any advice as such.Bear in mind though that the temperature has only fairly recently dropped so this could have put them off for a while.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

oh Janet when i said i was using tooti fruity and halibut and meant one on each rod i had tooti fruity to my right with pva bag full of the boilies and the left rod had halibut boilies with trout and halibut pellets in a pva bag and BUDGIE i thought carp feed loads before the realy cold seasons ???

thanks for replying

unless you were fishing a very hungry lake it can be expecting a lot to go and instantly catch at any time of the year, let alone november as the water temp is starting to drop. most carpers would start getting over there a bit earlier in the autumn, get some bait going in and start to put some sessions in and get a feel for the water. try and find a bit out about the lake, ie is it easy in the colder months? if you go for one off sessions this time of year, try to find a hungry lake where the carp are known to come out relativity easy in the colder months. do not be put off though, i used to love winter carping in my keen days and you can have some great sessions if you do your home work first and suss your waters out. good luck :thumbs:

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

thnks starlight i was planning to do more sessions at this lake and ive been a few times after school and every time i go there i learn more about the lake.

and im certainly not going to be put of by not catching im going to keep trying and soon my luck will be in :clap2::thumbs:

thnks starlight i was planning to do more sessions at this lake and ive been a few times after school and every time i go there i learn more about the lake.

and im certainly not going to be put of by not catching im going to keep trying and soon my luck will be in :clap2::thumbs:

good on you, its a big help to keep your bait trickling in :thumbs:

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

HI mike,

first of all i dont think a 3 lb carp is too big considering if you go to three oaks which is rite next to you we can catch allot bigger as me nd you both no but im sure thats just a typing errror second what janet has said is right in one respect but if i were using strawberry boilies it might be allot better to use strawberry pellets ( you can pick them up for £1.95 a kilo) this might help

TIgHt LInEs! Jay

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

now i need help on why i didn't catch if you have any suggestion then please Write back

thanx mike finlay

Thats carp fishing for you is the simple answer, i have fished for 25 years and been carp only for the last 7, the last time i caught a fish session carping was in August 2006 and i have done 3x 72 hour sessions, 8x 48 hour sessions and lots of quick 24 hour sessions in 2007