QUIVER TIP FEMALE THREAD

saskcarp

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doh, but how about this (in French)... http://users.skynet.be/rousse.chatelettain...indicateurs.pdf

Oui Dave c'est lui. :thumbs:

It's the fifth picture, not a good pic' but that's the one.

My French is not good enough to read the explanation, but if it says that it's adjustable, then that's it.

The cat bell is an optional extra. ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Oui Dave c'est lui. :thumbs:

It's the fifth picture, not a good pic' but that's the one.

My French is not good enough to read the explanation, but if it says that it's adjustable, then that's it.

The cat bell is an optional extra. ;)

John.

LOL, I was looking at the wrong one then obviously! :headhurt:

They look just like quiver tips. So does the line run through the spring before it goes through the tip ring?

The Gas

pirate.gif

LOL, I was looking at the wrong one then obviously! :headhurt:

They look just like quiver tips. So does the line run through the spring before it goes through the tip ring?

It acts like a quivertip when pushed right in, but by pulling it gradually out of the spring, you increase sensitivity.

You thread the line just like a normal quivertip, through the guides.

Seeing as Dave is the only one to find a picture, I'll try and draw one, but I warn you it might not be any clearer. :unsure:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

WOW, that's impressive! :thumbs: :thumbs:

So I'm still going to need to put a threaded tip ring on my rod though. I think that would be better than a quiver tip as you don't have to change the quiver for different sensitivity. who sells them? who manufactures them?

Thanks for the drawing. Do you draw diagrams for a living?

The Gas

pirate.gif

WOW, that's impressive! :thumbs: :thumbs:

So I'm still going to need to put a threaded tip ring on my rod though. I think that would be better than a quiver tip as you don't have to change the quiver for different sensitivity. who sells them? who manufactures them?

Thanks for the drawing. Do you draw diagrams for a living?

Glad you could follow it, I had my doubts. :unsure:

The one that I've drawn was a shop bought one, and had a screw-in fixing.

I also made one that slid on to a piece of an old fibre glass tip that I fixed to the tip of the rod I was using, above the tip ring. It had a longer piece of spring attached, to give me more choices of position.

I bought it about 20-25 yrs ago and have no idea if they are still available. But you can knock one up quite easily to suit your own needs.

John.

PS. thanks for the complement, but no I don't draw diagrams for a living. :)

Glad you could follow it, I had my doubts. :unsure:

The one that I've drawn was a shop bought one, and had a screw-in fixing.

I also made one that slid on to a piece of an old fibre glass tip that I fixed to the tip of the rod I was using, above the tip ring. It had a longer piece of spring attached, to give me more choices of position.

I bought it about 20-25 yrs ago and have no idea if they are still available. But you can knock one up quite easily to suit your own needs.

John.

PS. thanks for the complement, but no I don't draw diagrams for a living. :)

That diagram makes more sense and was easier to interpret than nearly all diagrams I have ever read. You should do some for web sites or magazines.

Where would I get a spring to fit the female thread?

The Gas

pirate.gif